What are the Pros and Cons of inner thigh lift, combined with inner/outer thigh liposuction? Are the scars worth it? (Photo)

Hello Doctors.I plan on having inner/outer thigh lipo as well as inner knees.I have been to a couple of consults, both have advised on various parts for lipo but both agree to do inner/outer thighs. They said inner thighs might be looser.I would like to know the pros/cons of thigh lift . Is the scar in the groin?Do not like the look of medial lift(the scar!). I may have looser inner thigh skin after lipo as I hold most of my fat there, so am taking precaution. 26 yrs old,126 pounds, 157cmHeight.

Thigh lift judgment

+2
The main cons to a thigh lift are permanent scars,occasional infection, bleeding,seroma or lymphocele problems and residual contour concerns.Having a thigh lift done with aggressive liposuction at the same time has to be done carefully and with some conservatism to avoid healing problems like scar separation or compromise to the skin circulation resulting in necrosis

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

What are the Pros and Cons of inner thigh lift, combined with inner/outer thigh liposuction? Are the scars worth it?

+2
  I have performed many medial thigh lifts with only the groin incision.  I would have to examine you to determine what would be best for you.  Find an expert in body contouring in your area to help assess what may be best for you.

Want good liposuction result without inner thigh lift

+1
The inner thigh skin is thin -
Thin skin isn't as strong and doesn't tighten as well as thicker skin
so liposuction here can leave skin loose.

If skin is very loose, yes, an inner thigh lift is worth having.
Your goal should be avoiding the need for one.

Discuss with your preferred surgeon improving the contour without removing so much that you need an inner thigh lift. This can usually be done with good surgical planning. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD