How Long Do I Need to Wear a Compression Garment After Thigh Lift?

its been 8 weeks since thigh lift and 3 weeks since follow up liposuction how long is it necessary to wear the compression garment 24/7 i'm happy to wear it daily but would like to sleep without it. my doctor said bike pants would be okay but i prefer to wear the proper garment.

Compression garments after surgery

+2

Although recommendations vary from surgeon to surgeon, I usually recommend that my patients wear the compression garment(s) 24/7 after surgery for 4-6 weeks. This timeframe is a guideline only and is completely dependent on the healing of the individual patient. Before my patients receive the go-ahead to stop wearing their garments, I like to examine them to ensure that the timing is correct. I understand that the compression garment can be uncomfortable, especially when sleeping, but it is really is advantageous to the patient to be diligent in wearing it. In the long run, 6 weeks is a very short time to achieve great results!

Compression Garments Are Utilized Following Thigh Lift Surgery

+1

Compression garments are frequently utilized following thigh lift surgery.  The management of these devices varies from surgeon to surgeon and is dependent upon a variety of factors.  These garments decrease swelling, remodel soft tissue and increase patient comfort following this type of procedure.

We generally utilize compression garments for 3 to 4 weeks following thigh lift surgery.  It’s important to understand that each patient’s situation is unique and for this reason compression garments are occasionally used for longer periods of time.  In some cases patients may feel more comfortable wearing these garments in the post-operative period.

It’s important to discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon before proceeding with thigh lift surgery.  Your surgeon should be able to outline his protocol for post-operative care and the use of compression garments.  

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Compression garment after a thigh lift

+1

This really depends on your plastic surgeons recommendations, but I usually recommend 6 weeks of compression therapy after a thigh lift.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Thigh lift garment

+1

The garment suggested to wear after a thight lift varies based upon the doctor.  I like patients to wear a compression garment for 3-6 weeks.

Compression Garment after thigh liposuction

+1

Hi Mystey,

I would recommend following his instructions since he knows what was done in the OR and what would give the best result. Usually I recommend to my patients to wear compression for 3-4 moths after liposuction. Hope this is helpful.

Dr Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS