How Long Do I Need to Wear a Compression Garment After Thigh Lift?

its been 8 weeks since thigh lift and 3 weeks since follow up liposuction how long is it necessary to wear the compression garment 24/7 i'm happy to wear it daily but would like to sleep without it. my doctor said bike pants would be okay but i prefer to wear the proper garment.

Compression garments after surgery

+2

Although recommendations vary from surgeon to surgeon, I usually recommend that my patients wear the compression garment(s) 24/7 after surgery for 4-6 weeks. This timeframe is a guideline only and is completely dependent on the healing of the individual patient. Before my patients receive the go-ahead to stop wearing their garments, I like to examine them to ensure that the timing is correct. I understand that the compression garment can be uncomfortable, especially when sleeping, but it is really is advantageous to the patient to be diligent in wearing it. In the long run, 6 weeks is a very short time to achieve great results!

Web reference: http://www.theplasticsurgeryclinic.com/clinic.html

Compression garment after a thigh lift

+1

This really depends on your plastic surgeons recommendations, but I usually recommend 6 weeks of compression therapy after a thigh lift.

Web reference: http://www.BaltimorePlasticSurgery.com

Thigh lift garment

+1

The garment suggested to wear after a thight lift varies based upon the doctor.  I like patients to wear a compression garment for 3-6 weeks.

Compression Garment after thigh liposuction

+1

Hi Mystey,

I would recommend following his instructions since he knows what was done in the OR and what would give the best result. Usually I recommend to my patients to wear compression for 3-4 moths after liposuction. Hope this is helpful.

Dr Sajjadian