How Long Should I Wait to Shower After Eyebrow Transplant?

How long should I wait to shower my eyebrows after eyebrow transplant.

Showering After Eyebrow Transplant

This procedure, which we perform on average 2 to 3 weekly, is a quite delicate one. We instruct our patients to keep the brows dry for five days, after which they can carefully wash them.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

When to shower after eyebrow transplant?

I love eyebrow transplant and it si the MOST awarding cases that we perform in our clinic. In the first week, pour shampoo in bowel of water and use a gauze to dab the areas. After the 7th day, you can take a shower and may slowly message the areas to remove the crust. Good luck. You will love the results and will get a lot of compliments. Dr. Behnam.

Ben Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

You can shower the next day following an eyebrow transplant

Although this is a question you should ask your physician, I tell my patients not to shower for 24 hours following the end of the procedure.  At this point a "fibrin clot" has occurred to keep the grafts intact so long as direct pressure of water or excessive trauma to the area is not created.  Gentle shower pressure is mandatory.

Samuel Lam, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recommendation re showering after hair transplantation varies by surgeon

Surgeons vary in their recommendations on this point after hair transplantation.  Typically 1-5 days would be the range of answers.  In our practice we allow showering 24-48 hours after hair transplantation.  The main thing to be careful of early is mechanical trauma to the grafts by rubbing or picking.

Daniel Berg, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

The next day, but ...

You can shower the next day, however no excessive water pressure around the eyebrows.  Preferably, you should use a cup to wash the hair, so there is no direct pressure.

Adil Ceydeli, MD
Panama City Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow transplant

You can shower the next day so long as the water in not excessively hot or directed right at your eyebrows.

Showering after Eyebrow Transplants

Do not let water from the shower head hit the transplants for about one week after surgery. You can wash the brows with gentle finger pressure 48 hours after the operation.

When to Shower After Hair Transplant Surgery

I usually recommend showering 4-5 days after hair transplant surgery using Baby shampoo.  Some surgeons have special products they like to use in conjunction with showering.  Consult with your surgeon.

Dr. ES

Showering after transplant

You should direct this question to your surgeon.

Normally hair grafts are firmly in place by 5 days therefore one should be able to gently wash with soap and water.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow Transplant

Every surgeon may recommend different timeframe but it really depends on how you plan to shower. I suggest approximately 24 hours after the surgery and only apply gentle pressure to your face and try to avoid rubbing the transplanted area.

Colin Hong, MD