How Long Exactly Can I Wait to Replace a Ruptured Implant?

Before scar tissue forms and it becomes more difficult for my surgeon to make my breasts match? I have a surgery scheduled a month after my rupture.

+1

This depends on whether the implants are silicone or saline and what your plans are for the replacement (larger, smaller, lifted, profile change, etc?)

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Replacing Ruptures Saline Implants

+1

Hi there-

When saline implants rupture, complete deflation occurs as the body absorbs the leaking saline, and over time the capsule shrinks.

The longer you wait before replacing the implant, the greater the risk that the best symmetry may not be possible.

Given the time frame you describe, the risk of this should be low.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Ruptured implants

+1

Repalcng ruptured implants is always better within a short period ot time after the rupture.  Waiting too long closes the pocket down and then you  may need a capsulotomy.

Wait to replace a ruptured implant

+1

Replace within a month of discovery. The shell of the implant can erode through the skin causing a much worse issue than just the rupture.

From MIAMI DR. B

As soon as reasonably possible

+1

I try to exchange a breast implant as soon as possible.  There is less scar tissue forming and it is easier to match. If the implants are more than five years old I would replace both at the same time as most companies (implant) will allow you to at no additional charge.  When it comes to a saline rupture - the sooner the better.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Ideal length of Wait to replace a deflated Breast Implant

+1

Ideally, a deflated saline implant should be replaced as soon as possible to prevent pocket narrowing by scar. But, this rarely happens due to late recognition and scheduling. If surgery happens within a few weeks of the deflation your surgeon should be able to give you a good result.

Replacement of ruptured breast implants

+1

There is no right answer to the question of how soon the implants should be replaced fol owing a rupture.  The best thing to do is to do it as soon as you can.  I have had patients wait several months to get the ruptured implant replaced and it can be a challenge to get the most exact match but it generally goes well.  You have to anticipate some healing time for the new implant to get into the final position.

Best Wishes.

Saint George Plastic Surgeon