800cc Moderate Plus Too Big for a 34 Band Size?

my band size is 34 and my plastic surgeon gave me 800 cc moderate + which i think i way to wide for me i never even got asked what i wanted ! so is 800cc mod+ to big for a 34 band size?

Implant Selection Process

+1

I would caution against this implant size, as it will most definitely lead to implant malposition.  Generally speaking,larger implants increase the risk of complications such as implant malposition, which can be very difficult to correct longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

+1

I am surprised our surgeon put those in you without ever consulting you about the size. Breast implants need to be fitted acccording to several different measruements. If you are 5'8" and weigh 250 lbs this may be an appropriate size implant but not if you are 4'11" and 100 lbs. judging from your other question about implants protruding beyond your chest, it sounds as if this implant is too large for our.

800cc moderate plus too big

+1

NEED photos but TOOOOOOOOOOO BIG!!!!! You need to reconsider your wishes. Realistic expectations are the thing to be talked about here. Get other opinions in person!

From MIAMI Dr. B

W.O.W.

+1

Yes, as you now well know, 800cc is an extremely large implant.  Only you can decide whether it is too large for your taste or not.  Unfortunately, if you believe they are too large, the only way to make them smaller is to replace them.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

800cc Implants. Can you say H U M O N G OU S

+1

Nonsense is good only because common sense is so limited. George Santayana

- We do not know what you looked like before your Breast Augmentation.

- We do not know what you and your surgeon agreed upon before your surgery.

- we do not even know if he/she is a REAL Plastic surgeon - one certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (www.PlasticSurgery.org )

But most Plastic surgeons can readily tell you that these 800 implants, the largest implant on our market, are usually best used in strippers / exotic dancers for a temporary boost and that will permanently change and distort the breast eventually forcing a series of breast corrective attempts. Poor choice with significant consequences.

800 cc implants

+1

The 800 cc implants are the largest you can get in the US.  They are very large. The hp's are narrower and give more projection. I personally think they are too big.

Large Breast Implants

+1

800 cc breast implants are the largest volume made in the US.  They are the largest for a reason in that there are significant unwanted effects that can result after undergoing an augmentation that size and implant.  Each implant has a predetermined width associated with the volume - thus the bigger you choose, the wider each implant is (remember this happens on both sides)!  A large implant will likely leave you with permanent cleavage and the implant extending into the "armpit" area as there isn't enough room on the chest to accommodate the entire implant (this isn't the case for all women, but accurate for most). Also, the weight of a larger implant will likely cause the skin to progressively stretch over time leaving you with the need for a lift sooner rather that later.

Finally, the biggest concern I have about your story is that it seems you have a communication problem with your surgeon.  This needs to be corrected before surgery so that both of you are in agreement.  If you are miscommunicating now, it is very possible that you will end up with a result you didn't want.  A problem much more difficult to solve after the fact.

Schedule an appointment, write out your questions/concerns and have a conversation with you doctor.

Best of luck.

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast implant size

+1

800 cc implants are very large for anyone.  I hope that you had discussions with your surgeon about breast implant sizing prior to your surgery.  That said, if you were demanding 800 cc implants and your surgeon agreed, there are limits about how much volume can be put in an implant of a given base diameter.  High profile implants can fit more volume in a smaller base diameter (implant width).  However, there is only so much volume that can be placed before a larger diameter implant would have to be used.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Depends on what you want

+1

If you are happy with the size then I wouldn't worry.  My question to you is "Do you think they are too big and too wide.  What size did you start off with and what size did you ask to be in the end in terms of cup size" .  If you are unhappy then go back to your surgeon and discuss it with him or her.  I would need more info to answer your question appropriately. Sorry.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon