How Long to Wait Between Surgical Cosmetic Procedures?

i'm scheduled to get liposuction breast reduction under local anestesia in a month from a doctor who specialises in that area and i wanted to also get liposuction butt fat grafting immediately after from another surgeon who specialises in that area as well but most likely this will be done under general anestesia.

is it possible for me to do the fat grafting 4 days after breast liposuction or how long will i have to wait before i get my fat grafting done?

Duration of time between surgeries

+1

First of all, I would agree with the surgeons who stated that most Board Certified Plastic Surgeons are capable of performing both the liposuction breast reduction and fat transfer to the buttocks, and it makes the most sense to both at the same time. This way you are not wasting any fat that is being aspirated, and you can have one surgical procedure.

That being said, it appears that you seem convinced that you will get better results by having 2 different surgeons perform the procedures. Have you asked them if they could coordinate your surgery so both could be done at the same time?

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Two procedures with 2 doctors

+1

If you desire liposuction of your breasts and fat injection of your buttocks, it sounds like the best thing to do would be to have the two done by the same surgeon in the same day.

Timing between cosmetic surgeries

+1

Even though the liposuction is done under local anesthesia, it’s still surgery. I highly recommend giving your body at least a week to recover. Make sure both of your doctors know what you are having done and when.

Brazilian Butt Lift 4 days after liposuction of Breasts

+1

Hi there-

This should be safe to do, depending on the amount of liposuction done in the initial procedure.

Please be sure both surgeons are certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.(the particular board is VERY important)..

ANYONE can claim expertise- this credential must be EARNED.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

It depends on the amount of liposuction

+1

If you are going to have limited amount of liposuction from breast( the works better in younger patients with no breast sagging) then you can have the fat grafting any time that your doctor feels comfortable.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat injection after liposuction

+1

there does not appear to be a contraindication to having both procedures done 4 days apart. If, however, you do not feel well during your few days of convalescence, give your body a chance to heal more and delay the fat injections.

Recommend waiting 6 weeks to 3 months between procedures

+1

I don't think that there are any really good studies to show when it is safest. You definitely can have your second surgery in 4 days. However, I generally do not recommend this for elective surgery. It is generally not recommended to have prolonged periods of immobility after undergoing surgery due to the risk of blood clots. A second surgery definitely fits into the category of prolonged immobility.

I usually recommend 6 weeks to 3 months, depending on how much was done during the first surgery. Your body needs several weeks to complete the healing process from the first surgery and to regenerate blood cells and proteins and healing factors so that it is ready to heal after the next surgery.

As far as transferring fat from the breast to your buttocks, I would be VERY cautious!!! There is no way to know how many breast glandular cells are being transferred along with the fat. Therefore unless you are planning on getting Mammograms of your buttocks, it could be a very risky thing to do.

Timing between procedures

+1

Two issues. Personally, I am not a big fan of liposuction breast reduction, except for very small reductions and or asymmetry correction. This technique does not lift or tighten sagging structures and may leave the breast empty.

Timing depends on your health and the extent of fat removed in this case. I would think that the second procedure should remove more tissue/be more extensive.

First thing to do is let both doctors know your plans.

Wait between surgical cosmetic procedures

+1

I do not want to come across as unfeeling, But are you serious? Going to 2 differing doctors within 4 days is and sounds NUTS! I'm sure you have not told either one you are planning this course of action. Have you? If I was either one I would excuse myself from your care. Please be careful but maybe you need a reality check.

From MIAMI 

Indications for liposuction breast reduction

+1

Liposuction has been used for breast reduction but is only of use if the excess breast tissue is composed mostly-entirely of fat (which is not always the case) and the skin is sufficiently elastic to shrink after liposuction. This skin only exists in younger patients who incidentally have more breast gland tissue than breast fat tissue. It should really as the sole means of breast reduction for smaller reductions that health insurance commonly does not cover. In fact many health insurance policies specifically state that they do not cover breast reduction by liposuction alone.

Immediately would mean right afterwards but it appears you plan on having the fat grafting 4 days later. The question is: Will the second surgeon use the first surgeon's harvested fat or will he/she get it from elsewhere on the body? The survival rate of the fat will be significantly less if you put it in the refrigerator and inject if 4 days later although some surgeons have reported doing so and getting good results. I personally do not see the need for that as you can just liposuction the fat from one area and minutes later inject it into another area of the body for the best survival rate.

There is something amiss about a plastic surgeon specializing in the buttock and another in the breast. Any plastic surgeon who is experienced with free fat grafting is obviously experienced with taking that fat out by liposuction from other areas of the body. If you saw a few plastic surgeons in consultation and only one was willing to do this liposuction breast reduction I would probably not have that surgeon do the procedure if I were you. There are increasing numbers of doctors out there who say they specialize in one procedure like liposuction and do nothing else other than that procedure whatever it is. On closer inspection you will find that their training is lacking or they are not plastic surgeons. That may or may not be the case here as you posted question is short on details.