How Long Do You Have to Wait Before Wearing Contact Lenses After Upper Lid Blephoplasty?

Wearing contact lenses after blepharoplasty

+1

Contacts can be worn approximately seven to ten days after upper lid blepharoplasty and two weeks after a lower blepharoplasty.

The use of contact lenses can be resumed usually a week after a blepharoplasty procedure.

+1

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Contacts after blepharoplasty

+1

It is usually good to let your eyelids heal for approximately two weeks prior to inserting contacs. If you've had upper only and no lower lid work done, then you could pull on your lower lid without pulling on healing incision and apply your contacts that way. You do have to be careful about tugging your eyelid as you heal. Also keep in mind that it takes about 6 weeks for your incisions to be well healed.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Contact lenses

+1

What I recommend to all my patients is to wait 10 days. This way the suture line will be stronger and it will be harder for you to damage the surgery. Also you have to think about the reduce swelling will allow you to handle the lid with less effort.

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Until swelling and reaction in lids has resolved

+1

I would wait until the lids no longer feel as if there is anything unusual with them or about 10-14 days or so

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait 1-2 weeks after blepharoplasty surgery to wear contacts

+1

The best time to wait is the amount of time that your surgeon suggests. In most cases, contacts can be worn 1-2 weeks after upper blepharoplasty surgery. This time is a bit longer for lower blepharoplasty depending on the approach.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Contacts after blepharoplasty

+1

Typically, you should wait at least one to two weeks after surgery before you can wear your contacts. This can vary depending on which procedures you had exactly and if you had any issues such as dry eye beforehand. As always, consult with your plastic surgeon to see what they recommend.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Wearing Contact Lens after Eyelid Surgery

+1

Follow the care instructions of your eyelid surgeon. Generally, one week after upper blepharoplasty contact lenses may be worn after speaking with your plastic surgeon.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait before wearing contact lenses

+1

Usually I recommend at least 10 days to allow full healing and decrease of any swelling in the orbital area. Best to follow you surgeon's protocol.

From MIAMI DR. B

Upper eyelid bleph and contacts

+1

If you only had uppers done, I would wait a week or so.  If there is any conjunctival swelling or irritation the contacts may dry your eyes even more. If you had your lowers done especially as a Transconj, I probably would wait a good 2 or more weeks.