How Long Before Swelling Subsides After MACS Facelift?

Sitll really swollen 6 days after a MACs lift and Bleph. Should I worry? I am a non smoker/drinker, very healthy. I have followed instructions by my doctor. Ever since he took the bandages off 48 hrs after surgery I have not seen any improvement in my swollen face.

Because face is so swollen it is creating wrinkles in my scars along my face and pulling my eyes down. I look like a monster. I am trying hard not to freak out. How long does swelling typically last after a facelift? Will the eyelid surgery lengthen that time?

Swelling at 6 days after MACS lift

+1

Your surgeon needs to evaluate you to be sure there is no hematoma.  Otherwise, you may just be one of those people who swell more than others.  The majority should subside between 2-3 weeks after surgery.

Follow up with your plastic surgeon.

+1

Swelling usually subsides with a few weeks. This will vary from patient to patient and depending on the type of procedure done. Given your history and the fact that you are not a smoker, it is most likely not something to freak out about. However, it would be best to visit your plastic surgeon just to make sure there is not a problem. Also, your sutures should be about ready to come out anyways.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

You should visit your surgeon today to make sure all is well after your MACS-Lift and Blepharoplasty.

+1

MACS-Lifting is the short-scar facelift procedure I offer in my practice. My experience has been that downtime is between 2-3 weeks, and this depends on how extensive your procedure was.

Your stitches are just about ready to be removed, so please visit your surgeon today to make sure you're not having a problem with either procedure.

I hope you find this helpful

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After a MACS Face Lift

+1

After a MACS face lift which is a type of mini face lift swelling usually lasts 1 to 2 weeks. Even though it is a more limited surgery all face lifts can still take up to two weeks for swelling to resolve. I think you should however see your surgeon to make sure you do not have a hematoma that would cause swelling and bruising under the skin. I often will prescribe diuretics 1 week after surgery to reduce residual swelling,

Andrew Jacono, MD