Where Can One Go for Augmentation of the Temple or Forehead?

I have extremely long narrow face compared to average person including temple/forehead area and I can tell when looking at the mirror that if this area were fuller, it would camouflage some of my excessive length.

I read this is more popular in Asia, but I live in NY. I wonder if it can be done better with permanent filler like PMMA(Polymethyl-methacrylate), that is used in Brazil, or silikon 1000, or some sort of silicone implant. I need it to be permanent, natural and hopefully affordable. Possibly my jaw and or cheeks needs be wider too. Width balances length I think.

Temple or forehead augmentation

+1

Placing a synthetic implant into the temple area is not a good idea. In our practice we have seen disasters such as infections with polymethacrylate and do not recommend it. Silicone implants are also not recommended for this area as they are hard, palpable, and feel like a lump underneath the skin. However, silicone implants are excellent for chin, mandible, and cheek implants. Consideration to the jaw implant or a cheek implants to widen the face might be a better alternative for you.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Permanent facial filler solutions for multiple areas to fix hollows

+1

Given the volume you describe, I am reluctant to recommend permanent fillers as a solution to your problem. These generally work well for localized control. Silikon 1000 should be injected using the microdroplet technique and this would likely take well over a year or two to even get close to making a difference. Numerous PMMA complications have been reported from high volume injections in Central and South America so I would advise you against using this as well.

Fat injections may be an option for you. You may want to look up a surgeon named Sydney Coleman.

Sculptra forTemple/Forehead Augmentation

+1

Hi Jen,

The temples can be filled safely and effectively with Sculptra. Filling the forehead is very difficult and may be prone to complications. In NYC, Doris Day, MD is very good in the use of Sculptra. If you wish to look into the use of Silikon-1000, Eric Joseph, MD in New Jersey, and Jay Barnett, MD in NYC are excellent.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Augmentation of the temples and/or forehead.

+1

One would need to see your photos to determine what would be the best course of correction of the forehead and temples, etc. you describe. Permanent silicone implants custom made for you would be best.