Long Suffering from Stretch Marks....Any Cure???? (photo)

I've had stretch marks for awhile. I tried using Stri-Vectin but nothing works to cure it. What can I do? Please view pictures

Long Suffering from Stretch Marks....Any Cure????

+1

I suggest trying a vi peel where you have your stretch marks, patients see such a great result from it and it also firm the skin .

Best wishes

Cure for stretch marks?

+1

Unfortunately stretch marks cannot be removed by any non-surgical method. The only way they can be removed is through surgery. Stretch marks are caused because the skin is stretched beyond its capacity to recoil. Its like a rubber band that is over stretched and can never regain its original shortened length. Any laser that claims to tighten skin has not addressed the basic physiologic problem which is a dermis that is overstretched. The laser will however help the coloration but the stretch marks themselves will persist. You have to ask yourself if the goal is stretch mark removal or if its the discoloration that bothers you. Your best option is to have them surgically remove where appropriate. Unfortunately not all areas are amenable to surgery. Visit with a plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD