I Have a Long Philtrum. Would a Lip Lift Help?

Hi, I've always had very thin lips and a pronounced space between my nose and lips. I was wondering if a bullhorn lip lift would help or if it would just make me look unnatural. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Long Philtrum- Lip Lift

+1
Certainly you can try some fillers / injectables, howerver am not sure they will be sufficient for correcting what appears to be a long upper lip that would benefit from the upper lip lift.  I love this procedure, and get quite consistent results.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift, a good operation

+1

A quintessential sign of facial youth and beauty is an appropriate sized upper lip and prominence of cupids bow (the middle of the upper lip). A lip lift will shorten a long lip like yours, but more importantly will create a prominent cupids bow. This is a great operation and requires about a month or two of patience for the scars to fade well. You are a good candidate for this.

Sepehr Egrari, MD

Lip Lift for Correction of Long Upper Lip

+1

After reviewing your photos, I feel you are a very good candidate for a lip lift procedure.  The lip lift will address two concerns from your picture.  One, it will decrease the length of your upper lip, something you inquired about.  Secondly, your upper lip appears to be small.  A lip lift will provide for more "roll" to the red portion of the upper lip which would allow the lip to appear fuller.  The subnasal incision is an option, which when place in the proper anatomic creases can heal very nicely.  Also, an incision can be made at the red/white border of the lip, which will also provide for better "roll" to the red upper lip.  This incision also heals quite nicely when placed exactly at the red/white junction, although the incision can be camouflaged with lipstick during the healing process.  Good Luck, Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

The upper lip lift reduces the space between the bottom or your nose and the top of your lips

+1

The upper lip lift is a great procedure for reducing the space between the bottom of your nose and the top of your lips. Be sure to discuss which type of incision will be used with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Some patients who have a long upper lip and also a very thin top lip elect to have fat injections as a secondary procedure that produces a very natural and beautiful result.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Lip lift

+1

Lip lift will leave a scar under the nose. The quality of that scar can not be quaranteed . If you are willing to accept a scar then you will look better.

Try a filler to the upper lip, may give enough lift that you will like it.

See a very experienced BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMRICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY)

and discuss your options the pros and cons then make your decision

Upper luip lift

+1

In my opinion, given your smaller upper (red) lip and your long philtrum, I believe you would have a pleasing outcome to an upper lip lift using the bull's horn technique.

Sub-nasal lifts lifts work well iin good candidates

+1

A long upper lip is essential for a subnasal lip lift so you might be a good candidate. To simulate a lip lift, place a Q-tip under the nose on each side of the philtrum and lift up the lip. If you like the contour and the amount of the red lip that shows when doing this, then a subnasal lip lift might be a good option. The width of the base of the nose relative to the horizontal width of the upper lip is important as the lip will only be lifted in the central portion. From your photo, you would likely be a good candidate. The scars with this procedure are inconspicuous.

Keith A. LaFerriere, MD
Springfield Facial Plastic Surgeon