How long does it take for skin recover from Fraxel after Fraxel is discontinued? (photo)

I had two sessions of fraxel for acne scarring, 6 weeks apart. I felt that I saw an immediate positive difference after the first session but, after the second, i decided to discontinue as I felt that my skin was beginning to look worse than before I started. My last session was 6 weeks ago and my pores are still large, my skin has an orange peely look and it looks old and tired, I'm 36, will my skin ever return to how it was before the treatment?

Fraxel and Acne Scars

+1
Fraxel is a wonderful treatment especially for acne scars and sun damage.  Without knowing your skin type and the settings that were used I cannot know why your skin would look worse after the second treatment.  I would suggest you return to your treating physician for examination.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel.

When to expect results after Fraxel treatment.

+1

Fraxel is an amazing technology that delivers excellent results with minimal downtime.

When used to treat acne scarring, the majority of the results are visible approximately six months after the fourth treatment.

It depends on the device settings used, the characteristics of your skin, and a few other factors worth discussing with the provider who delivered your care.

William Numa, MD, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon