How Long Does It Take for All of the Swelling to Go Down After Breast Augmentation

I'm 5'4" 128 pounds. Pre-op B/C cup. At pre-op appointment they had me try on standard profile saline sizers, I thought 500-550cc looked best and PS thought 600cc. I wanted was to be a DD. I went under the muscle, crease incision, silcone and PS said he only uses HP. 6 days post-op I measured 34DD, 15 days post-op I'm measuring 34F. I can't put my arms down because implant is sticking out of my armpits. I'm not happy they're way too big. How much swelling goes down and how fast??

Swelling after Breast Augmentation can take 3 months to resolve.

+1

Typically after Breast Augmentation the Breasts are swollen and the Breast Implant rides high for about 3 months. Usually by three months the Breast Implants have settled and reach a more natural shape and size.

Extra sweling and high riding Breast Implants are more common after the placement of very large Breast Implants, and 600cc is considered a large Breast Implant.

Be sure to see your doctor who performed your Breast Augmentation and express your concerns.

Swelling after breast augmentation

+1

I certainly feel that swelling persists in the tissue following breast augmentation for a few months.  I usually don't find that the swelling produces extra cup sizes, but it is possible.  If the onset of this intense swelling has been somewhat sudden, I would see your plastic surgeon to make sure that there is no sign of bleeding or hematoma (blood collection).  If all appears well, then it may take 3 months or more to truly appreciate the end size.  I will say that for your height and weight, an implant in that size range is very generous and you will look large for your frame with or without swelling.  It will not be unusual for you to feel the edge of the implant against your arm when it is against your body.  That is an issue you may have to accept if you decide to keep implants in that range.

Jennifer Lauren Crawford, MD