How Long Does Dysport Last for Wrinkles on the Forehead?

Can I have back to back Dysport procedures on my face?

How Long Does Dysport Last at Forehead

+1
Dysport normally lasts around 3-4 months. The maximum effects of Dysport are usually seen at about 2 weeks, so if a touch up is required, you can generally treat the same area again at that time. If you are treating a different area, then you may do that at the same time or on a different day without having to wait 2 weeks.

Frequency and Duration of Dysport

+1

Like Botox Cosmetic, Dysport typically lasts between 3-4 months, depending on the person and the amount of Dysport injected.  It is safe to schedule subsequent Dysport injections back to back in other areas on the face, such as glabellar lines, crowsfeet, lines running alongside of nose, and wrinkles above the lip.  If your doctor went too conservative on your forehead and you do not see a result within 2 weeks, I recommend scheduling a follow up appointment for a touch up.  I hope this helps!

Paul L. Leong, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Effects of Dysport on Wrinkles

+1

Thank you for your question. Dysport can last an average of 3-4 months depending on an individual's metabolism. You may return for another injection before it has completely metabolized, around 2-3 months. You may have Dysport performed on other areas such as between your brows (glabella), crow's feet, bunny lines, etc. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for the safest and most effective treatments. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Dysport

+1

Both Dysport and Botox last approximately 3-4 months.  It is fine to have Dysport back to back once you feel like the effects are wearing off. 

Sam Naficy, MD

How Long Does Dysport Last?

+1

Using 1 injection between and over the eyebrows, Dysport blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles, ultimately resulting in a reduction of muscle activity and temporarily preventing contraction of the muscles that cause frown lines. You should not be treated with Dysport more frequently than every 90 days.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

How Long Dysport lasts for wrinkles on the forehead.

+1

Dysport lasts approximately as long as Botox which is about 3-4 months. Other sources report that Dysport lasts between 4-6 months on average.

It is perfectly acceptable to have Dysport procedures back to back if you do not want to experience an intermittent time interval where the effects have worn off.  Some patients prefer to let the Dysport injection completely wear off before receiving their next treatment. However this is a matter of personal choice.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport and Botox: duration of effect

+1

Thanks for the question. There are five areas I commonly treat with Dysport and Botox:

1) horizontal forehead wrinkles

2) vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows

3) crow's feet

4) platysmal bands (neck bands)

5) masseter (bite) muscles: to reduce teeth grinding (bruxism) or shrink the jawline in patients with large, square jaws.

The effects of these neuromodulators usually last between 3 and 4 months though many of my patients have been able to break the habit of continually making these expressions or movements and are able to stretch out their treatment sessions to 6 to 9 months apart. This is particularly true of my teeth grinding patients, who usually come in once or twice a year.

As for your questions about retreatment, if you have received an adequate, properly placed dose, I would wait at least 3 months before being retreated in the same area. However, if you feel your wrinkles have not responded as you would like, you may be a candidate for a touchup of a few extra units. I usually advise my patients to wait 7-10 days for the effect and return for a complimentary touchup if they have not fully responded. If you are interested in having a different area treated, you can do this at any time. 

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport effect lasts about the same time as Botox

+1

Since all wrinkle relaxers work the same way (Dysport, Botox, Xeomin) the effect lasts about the same. The reason is that they cause a change in the conection between the nerve ending and the muscle it activates, and it takes the body about 3-4 months to re-establish the connection. It is often a good idea to do all areas at the same time so that there isn't an imbalance as they wear off. 

Richard Baxter, MD

Dysport Longevity

+1

My experience with Dysport is that it lasts about 3 months, basically equivalent to the longevity seen with Botox.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport lasts 3-4 months

+1

Like other neurotoxins (Botox), Dysport lasts about 3-4 months. If you had one area treated (like the glabella) and wanted to have another area treated separately (like the crow's feet), that's totally fine. Many people come in for one main area to be treated and like it so much, they return to treat the rest of the forehead and crow's feet separately. If you're asking if you need to alternate being Dysport and Botox (like receive Dysport, then the next treatment receive Botox), no you don't need to alternate. If you're happy with your Dysport you can do it again, hopefully in 3-4 months.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD