How Long Does Belotero Last?

How long does Belotero Last?

+2

Belotero is a newer filler in our practice and although we like it for tear troughs and very superficial lines, It doesn't seem to last as long as Restylane or Juvederm. In some cases we are seeing only 3-4 months. On the other hand it doesn't create some of the problems Juvederm or Restylane does. The Jury is still out!

Nice thin HA filler

+2

Belotero Balance is a very nice Hyaluronic Acid (HA) fillers.  It is one of the newer HA products, and it's niche in my practice is in filling of very fine lines, that other HA's are not well suited for.  As a result, it is not very volumizing, and tends to last a bit shorter than the other HA's, with the average being 6-9 months depending on the site that it is used in.

Houston Dermatologist

Longevity of Belotero

+2

Like most other hyaluronic acid fillers, Belotero is fairly short lasting.  It's longevity can vary from person to person and can also vary with the treated area.  I would say a rough estimate would be about six months.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Long Does Belotero Last?

+1
Belotero is a hyaluronic acid filler that is a little finer (less viscous) than some of the other fillers like Restylane or Juvederm.  This makes it great for very fine lines as well as under the eyes.  I also find that it's a good filler for the lips for my patients who want a little correction but don't want their lips to look "filled" or overdone.

It doesn't tend to last as long as Restylane or Juvederm, but I think the advantages outweigh the shorter longevity.  Depending on where it is placed, if usually lasts from 6-9 months. 

Seattle Dermatologist

How Long Does Belotero Last?

+1

Belotero usually last 6-9 months but it can vary from each individual and how fast their metabolism is

How long does Belotero last

+1

This product is thinner than the other HAs such as Juvederm and Restylane, so it tends to get metabolized much faster. It also depends on where it is injected. The product does not last as long in areas that have more movement such as the mouth area and lips.  This product is great for injection directly into fine lines without causing the lumpiness you would see with thicker HAs. It can also be injected into nasolabial folds, tear troughs, and even lips (although it is extremely short-lived in the lips, so I would stick to Juvederm or Restylane in the lips). It normally lasts anywhere from 3-6 months. 

How long does Belotero last?

+1

Belotero is newer hyaluronic acid based filler. It is similar in composition to Restylane, Juvederm, and Perlane. Hyaluronic acid is naturally produced and broken down by the body every day, synthetic hyaluronic acid has more crosslinking (binding of the molecule) therefore is more resistant to being metabolized by the body. On average, Belotero lasts about 6-9 months depending on the area being injected. The tear trough region will last longer than the lips because lips are constantly moving, increasing the rate mechanical breakdown.

Re: Duration of Belotero

+1

Belotero will normally last between six to nine months.  However, the duration of this filler will be different across individuals. Some people will metabolize the filler faster than others. It will also depend on where the injection was placed.

Belotero will often last a shorter time in areas where there is a lot of movement.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-belotero/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Duration of Belotero

+1

Belotero is a newer hyaluronic acid filler, similar to Juvederm and Restylane. I favor it over the other hyaluronics in more superficial lines. In general patients are finding that it lasts about 6-12 months depending on where it is injected.

Belotero Lasts 6-9 months

+1

Belotero is one of the newer Hyaluronic Acid (HA) fillers similar to Resytlane or Juvederm. It is a very versatile filler that can be used not only in the traditional areas such as the nasolabial folds and marionette lines, but can be placed more superficially to correct fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. I have also found it very effective to treat the tear trough area (lower eyelid hollowing) to give the eyes a more refreshed aesthetic. As with the other HA fillers, I usually tell my patients that it will last 6-9 months. However, it is important to note that the fillers don't resorb all at once. It is a gradual process, with complete resorbtion occuring during this 6-9 month window. To maintain the look you desire, "touch ups" may be helpful and less costly.

Web reference: http://farberplasticsurgery.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.