How Long Does Belotero Last?

How Long Does Belotero Last?

Belotero is a hyaluronic acid filler that is a little finer (less viscous) than some of the other fillers like Restylane or Juvederm.  This makes it great for very fine lines as well as under the eyes.  I also find that it's a good filler for the lips for my patients who want a little correction but don't want their lips to look "filled" or overdone.

It doesn't tend to last as long as Restylane or Juvederm, but I think the advantages outweigh the shorter longevity.  Depending on where it is placed, if usually lasts from 6-9 months. 

Belotero

Belotero can last up to 9 months depending on where it is used and whether or not Botox is used in conjunction with it. It is especially useful for the eye area because it will not produce the Tyndall effect, meaning cast a bluish hue. It is also useful for fine superficial lines too.

Christine Brown, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Longevity of Belotero

Like most other hyaluronic acid fillers, Belotero is fairly short lasting.  It's longevity can vary from person to person and can also vary with the treated area.  I would say a rough estimate would be about six months.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Longevity of Belotero

Belotero is a hyaluronic acid filler. It is thinner or finer in size and flows easily when injected into fine lines. I particularly like it for filling fine lines around mouth and reducing superficial acne scars or imperfections. Because of smaller particle size, it lasts 6 months, on average, depending on where anatomically it is injected and how much or quantity of filler used.

Melda A. Isaac, MD
Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Duration of Belotero depends on where it's injected, how much is injected, and how it is injected

The longevity of any filler depends upon a number of different factors, the actual filler being only one of them.  Fillers injected into mobile areas with lots of muscle activity, like the lips or around the mouth, may only last 5 or 6 months, while those injected deep along bony planes may last up to a year or longer.  Fillers injected more superficially tend to disappear shorter than those injected deep, and the more filler you inject, the longer it will last, due to the properties of "isovolumetric degradation" that these hyaluronic acid fillers demonstrate.  In general, you probably should not expect your Belotero to last longer than 9 - 12 months in ANY case.  Hope that helps.  Good luck.

How long does Boletero last?

Boletero half life depends on the location and amount injected, depth of injection and if there is a lot of movement in the area. It lasts approximately 6-12 months

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Belotero Lasts 6-9 months

As with most hyaluronic acid fillers, Belotero typically lasts 6-9 months.  However, duration can vary based upon the metabolism of the patient and the area where the product was injected.  Our office has seen nice results with Belotero for superficial lines, especially those of the lower face.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Belotero - how long does it last?

Belotero is a newer hyaluronic acids; however, it's one of my favorites as it is currently the thinnest filler on the market (Restylane Silk, which will make its debut in 2015, maybe even thinner).  It works great in thin areas such as around the eyes and in lip lines.  Around the eyes, we're getting more than a year in many patients.  Around the lips, unfortunately, similar to the other hyaluronic acids, we are getting maybe 4 months.  

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Belotero lasts about 4-6 months.

Belotero is a great little filler for fine lines and lips and lasts 4-6 months easily for roughly $550/syringe. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

How Long Does Belotero Last?

Belotero usually last 6-9 months but it can vary from each individual and how fast their metabolism is

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS