How Long Does Belotero Last?

How Long Does Belotero Last?

Belotero is a hyaluronic acid filler that is a little finer (less viscous) than some of the other fillers like Restylane or Juvederm.  This makes it great for very fine lines as well as under the eyes.  I also find that it's a good filler for the lips for my patients who want a little correction but don't want their lips to look "filled" or overdone.

It doesn't tend to last as long as Restylane or Juvederm, but I think the advantages outweigh the shorter longevity.  Depending on where it is placed, if usually lasts from 6-9 months. 

Seattle Dermatologist

350 S. 38th Court
Renton, WA 98055

Longevity of Belotero

Like most other hyaluronic acid fillers, Belotero is fairly short lasting.  It's longevity can vary from person to person and can also vary with the treated area.  I would say a rough estimate would be about six months.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

500 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

Duration of Belotero

Thank you for your question.  The duration of any fillers will depend on where you place it and how much.  Areas that move frequently (e.g. lips) will have a much shorter duration than areas that don't move much (e.g. tear troughs).  A full correction treatment also has the appearance of lasting longer (full glass transitions to almost full glass) versus a partial correction treatment (half glass transitions to almost empty) in the same timeframe.  Having said all that, Belotero is one of the shorter acting fillers out there.  It can produce great results in the hands of an experienced injector.  I would recommend visiting a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with a high volume injection practice who can discuss your options in more detail.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

5061 FM 2920
Spring, TX 77388

Longevity of Belotero

Belotero is a hyaluronic acid filler. It is thinner or finer in size and flows easily when injected into fine lines. I particularly like it for filling fine lines around mouth and reducing superficial acne scars or imperfections. Because of smaller particle size, it lasts 6 months, on average, depending on where anatomically it is injected and how much or quantity of filler used.

Melda A. Isaac, MD
Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

2440 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20037

Duration of Belotero depends on where it's injected, how much is injected, and how it is injected

The longevity of any filler depends upon a number of different factors, the actual filler being only one of them.  Fillers injected into mobile areas with lots of muscle activity, like the lips or around the mouth, may only last 5 or 6 months, while those injected deep along bony planes may last up to a year or longer.  Fillers injected more superficially tend to disappear shorter than those injected deep, and the more filler you inject, the longer it will last, due to the properties of "isovolumetric degradation" that these hyaluronic acid fillers demonstrate.  In general, you probably should not expect your Belotero to last longer than 9 - 12 months in ANY case.  Hope that helps.  Good luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

9333 Genesee Ave
San Diego, CA 92121

How long does Boletero last?

Boletero half life depends on the location and amount injected, depth of injection and if there is a lot of movement in the area. It lasts approximately 6-12 months

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

3991 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Belotero Lasts 6-9 months

As with most hyaluronic acid fillers, Belotero typically lasts 6-9 months.  However, duration can vary based upon the metabolism of the patient and the area where the product was injected.  Our office has seen nice results with Belotero for superficial lines, especially those of the lower face.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

4081 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34103

Belotero - how long does it last?

Belotero is a newer hyaluronic acids; however, it's one of my favorites as it is currently the thinnest filler on the market (Restylane Silk, which will make its debut in 2015, maybe even thinner).  It works great in thin areas such as around the eyes and in lip lines.  Around the eyes, we're getting more than a year in many patients.  Around the lips, unfortunately, similar to the other hyaluronic acids, we are getting maybe 4 months.  

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

5730 Glenridge Drive
Atlanta, GA 30328

Belotero lasts about 4-6 months.

Belotero is a great little filler for fine lines and lips and lasts 4-6 months easily for roughly $550/syringe. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

9201 W Sunset Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90069

How Long Does Belotero Last?

Belotero usually last 6-9 months but it can vary from each individual and how fast their metabolism is

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

9700 Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90232