Is Belotero Harder to Dissolve?

Is Belotero crosslinked in a way that makes it harder to dissolve? I had superficial belotero dissolved yesterday under eyes and it doesn't seem to have deflated. How long does it take? Thanks.

Belotero Dissolving

+1

It is possible that it may take a few more days to dissolve, but you may also need to return to your doctor's office for an additional hyaluronidase treatment to further dissolve the product.

Belotero can be dissolved the say way as other hyaluronic acid fillers

+1

Belotero is a hyaluronic acid based filler and should easily dissolve with the enzyme hyaluronidase.  In some cases the injections with hyaluronidase may need to be repeated for optimal results.  See your injector to discuss this possibility.

Ritu Saini, MD

Is Belotero harder to dissolve?

+1

Belotero spreads into the tissues instead of remaining a "lake" of product separate from the tissues so it may be that the Hyaluronidase didn't reach all the product. Give it a week then repeat the process if needed.

Sam Naficy, MD

It should dissolve with Hyaluronidase

+1

Belotero Balance is a Hyaluronic Acid, and therefore should dissolve fine with Vitrase.  The Vitrase must be injected into the same tissue plane as the filler in order to maximize it's ability to dissolve the product.  Additionally, the eyelid and under eye skin is thin and tends to become edematous quite easily, so you may have some lingering puffiness for a few weeks.

Syed O. Ali, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Dissolving Belotero

+1

Although I have used Belotero, I have never had to dissolve it with hyaluronidase.  I am not aware of any studies that have indicated that it would be more difficult to dissolve than any of the other hyaluronic acid fillers, like Juvederm and Restylane.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon