How Long Can I Get Back to Weight Training After Gyno Surgery? Excision Only

I am 11 days post op and have pretty much zero swelling and only very slight yellow bruising on my left side. I had my glands removed using the semi circle on the bottom of the nipple method and did not need any lipo.

+1
I typically recommend that my patients refrain from upper body exercise for at least 6 weeks after this type of surgery.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Ask your surgeon

+1
You should ask your surgeon for their advice, as they have the specific details pertaining to your surgery. Generally speaking, it is about a month or so.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Weight Training after Male Breast Reduction

+1

In general, after male breast reduction, give yourself at least 6 weeks before hitting the gym hard.  As a bodybuilder I can understand the desire to work out, but you want to have the best results.  You do not want to get a fluid collection or hematoma by resuming activities before you are healed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD male breast reduction Los Angeles, CA

Male breast reduction

+1

it is always best to discuss this type of question with the surgeon who performed the surgery. Other surgeons may give you answers you want to hear, but they dont  know the particulars of your situation and may not give you the best advice

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon

Weight training after gynecomastia surgery

+1

Each patient and procedure is different. I tell my patients to wait six weeks before resuming weight training. In some cases depending on how they are healing I allow them to start exercising earlier, but no weights! Refraining from cardio or aerobic activity will help reduce swelling. Discuss this with your surgeon.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Gynecomastia, male breasts

+1

What did your surgeon tell you.  You may be able to get back to full activity but I am sure you were given instructions which would be based on what surgery was done

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after gynecomastia surgery

+1

Good question. You really need to check in with your own surgeon. I generally allow my patients to return to limited exercise at three weeks and full exercise at six weeks.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Return to training after gynecomastia surgery

+1

Thanks for your question. This is probably the most common inquiry from patients undergoing this kind of surgery. Like in your case, healing tends to be quick and uneventful. In my practise I suggest patients wait 4 weeks from the time of surgery before they return to their normal weight training routine. Training can be rough on your tissues so it's best to allow your chest to heal before taking it to this level.

Good luck and happy to hear you are healing so well.

Ronald G. Zelt, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon