My Lift Nipple Turnned Black from the Centre After the Gynocomastia Surgery? (photo)

I had a operation 7 days ago and i realised now that my lift nipple is turning black, mean while. On my left. Nipple colore is normal. Im posting the picture as wll kindly advise me im worried

Please see your Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is very important that you see your plastic surgeon right away. There could be a significant problems. Typically, for black or dark purple nipples, I prescribe nitropaste every 4 hours. This medication decreases venous congestion and allows blood to flow unrestricted through the nipple. Again, please go see your plastic surgeon right away.

Nipple discoloration after gyencomastia surgery

+1

If your nipple has changed color after gynecomastia, it could be bruising or worse.  It is best to be seen by your surgeon to be properly evaluated.

My Lift Nipple Turnned Black from the Centre After the Gynocomastia Surgery?

+1

Even with the posted photo ALWAYS best to be seen in person by your surgeon. This most like;y is a non issue but just to be sure seek immediate medical attention. 

Black Nipple One Week After Gynecomastia Surgery-What Should I Do?

+1

More than likely, you have a significant bruise to the nipple which will cure itself in the next couple of weeks.  However, it is also possible that your nipple has lost its blood supply and it may be necrosing (dying).  See your plastic surgeon immediately (that means today).  Your plastic surgeon has several options if the blood supply to the nipple has been injured.  DMSO, nitropaste, and hyperbaric oxygen are three of the tools that your plastic surgeon might want to employ if, in fact, you have some necrosis present.

Time is of the essence.  If there is a physiologic problem, the sooner you treat it, the greater chance of less scarring and a more natural appearing outcome.  On the other hand, if it is merely a significant bruise, then your surgeon can tell you that and put your mind to rest.  Either way, call immediately. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

+1

The discoloration could be normal due to the surgery.However if this continues for another week you need to see the surgeon .

It all depend on what was done during surgery. Loss of nipple alone is rare.

There is nothing to be done now other tan wait and see.

Depending on what happens to the nipple then one can give you an advise.

See your doctor as soos as possible now, will need some type of wound care now.once the nipple declares what direction it will take some plan can be planned.

You may want another opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible.

Better lightng of the picture can be of help

Nipple color change after gynecomastia surgery

+1

Thanks for providing the photo. It's not uncommon for discoloration after surgery. It's most likely due to bruising after surgery and will resolve over time. Often time with bilateral surgery, one side may show more bruising than the other side. If you are really worried, just give your surgeon a visit. Most often you just need the reassurance from your surgeon that the tissues are going through normal healing.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS