How Long After Surgical Incision Can I Have Co2 Laser Resurfacing?

I'm having surgery soon and the incision will undoubtedly leave a nice scar. I want to have the scar treated with fractional co2 resurfacing as soon as possible to reduce it's appearance. How long should I wait after my surgery before I have the co2 treatment?

Treat surgical scars with selective fractional laser

+1

Early co2 laser can work wonders for surgical incisions or old surgical scars.  I have used a specialized protocol for early surgical scar management with success. 

CO2 laser at the time of surgery

+1

We have recently published data showing that treatment of the incision line at the time of surgery can improve the appearance of the surgical scar. If that is not a possibility for your surgeon, then wait until the scar has healed, usually about 6-8 weeks.

Lisa Chipps, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon