How Long After Surgical Incision Can I Have Co2 Laser Resurfacing?

I'm having surgery soon and the incision will undoubtedly leave a nice scar. I want to have the scar treated with fractional co2 resurfacing as soon as possible to reduce it's appearance. How long should I wait after my surgery before I have the co2 treatment?

Treat surgical scars with selective fractional laser

Early co2 laser can work wonders for surgical incisions or old surgical scars.  I have used a specialized protocol for early surgical scar management with success. 

CO2 laser at the time of surgery

We have recently published data showing that treatment of the incision line at the time of surgery can improve the appearance of the surgical scar. If that is not a possibility for your surgeon, then wait until the scar has healed, usually about 6-8 weeks.

Lisa Chipps, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon