How Long After Having Dermal Fillers Should You Wait Before Having a Facial?

Facial After Fillers

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend waiting for 2 weeks after a filler injection before doing a facial. That’s usually the time when the filler has set in. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Facial and dermal fillers

+1

You should wait 2 weeks after having fillers before having a facial.  There should not be any manipulation of your face after fillers to avoid displacing it and causing inflammation or infection.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Facial after filler

+1

I generally would recommend waiting 2 weeks after a filler injection such as Juvederm or Restylane to have a facial, while a filler like Radiesse that sets more quickly, I would recommend waiting 5-7 days. There is a risk that the filler can be molded or move as a result of the facial, so no point risking it.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Facials post fillers

+1

A minimum of 48 hours, but that's only if the facial is done at my facility because the technicians understand where they can and can't press! If patients are going to another office or aethetician, I recommend a least week between fillers and a facial.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Restylane and facials

+1

I recommend that my patients wait about 7-10 days after having any facial fillers to have a facial.  Injectable fillers are still mailable and can be manipulated for a short period of time after the treatment.  If you notice that you have had a shift in product call your medical provider to see if they can correct it, the sooner the better.

Michele S. Green, MD

Wait a week to have a facial after doing fillers

+1

I usually suggest waiting a week or so after fillers to have facials done, just to prevent excessive pressure from shifting the filler material

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist