When Can I Do a Facial After Restylane?

When can i do facial after restylane? are there any thing i need pay attention. could i do some treatment like laser, spa RF ect. Thanks very much

Facials after Restylane

+2

You should wait 2 weeks before having a facial after fillers such as Restylane.  Wait longer if swelling and bruising are still present.  You do not want to move the product nor develop any infections.

Toronto Dermatologist

Restylane is great and you can have a facial after Restylane

+2

I would prefer if my patients waited a few days to a week after Restylane to get a facial or deep laser treatments.  That way any swelling or side effects from the Restylane will have been healed before the next procedure.

Michele S. Green, MD

Facial after soft tissue filler such as Restylane

+1

It's usually best to wait about a week to do facial after soft tissue filler treatment, as to allow the material to settle and any swelling to subside.

Anatoli Freiman, MD, FRCPC,

Toronto Dermatology Centre

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Facial after restylane

+1

I generally advise waiting at least 3 days after a filler like restylane so that the product does not move around, and so that the facial is not too uncomfortable as there can be mild bruising, swelling and tenderness left over from the restylane injection before then.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

How many cosmetic procedures can I have done on the same day?

+1

It would be best to wait a week before having any treatments that could alter the Restylane. After a week the Restylane really "sets" and you can then proceed with whatever routines you like. Treatments that would avoid the area where the Restylane was injected are fine. Don't massage your face, don't have the type of facial that incorporates massage near the treatment area.

If you wanted a laser treatment, waiting a week after is fine and you could have Botox done on the the same day. If a person wants multiple procedures on the same day, the dermatologist will help decide the correct order of things. At my practice we sometimes do a Fraxel-Botox-Restylane "Lose a decade by Monday" treatment combo. That means we do numb the face with a special gel, then do painless Botox which is followed by Fraxel. Then we ice the face and do Restylane 30 minutes later. So as you can see, mixing some types of procedures is ok. Just consult with a board certified cosmetic dermatologist & they will guide you. Hope that helps!

David Colbert, MD

Facials after Restylane

+1

An filler treatment can cause temporary bruising, and swelling.  Not all facials are the same.  How much massaging of the face will occur, etc.  Let the filler settle before you let someone press on your skin.  I would be conservative and wait at least a week, or maybe two, before getting a facial after Restylane.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Facials after fillers

+1

One or two days later is perfectly fine (this simply will decrease the risk of swelling and inflamation in the are of injection)

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon