How Long After Breast Augmentation Can I Go Back to Work?

I am a waitress so I am constantly walking & moving around. I work at a very fast pace restaurant where we do not get many breaks...My job also requires me to lift things such as trays, tubs full of dishes, ice buckets, & also I have to mop. I'm pretty sure I can get someone to help me out when I return to work so that I won't have to do all of that since I know it will be a while before I can lift. I was thinking maybe 5 days off...Would you recommend that or should I get more time off?

Returning Back To Work After Breast Augmentation

+3

Dear Momof 2beauties, The first rule to know about returning back to work is that there are no clear rules.  Every patient heals differently and every job has it own unique requirements.  Therefore, much of what has been written so far are generalizations.  In my practice, most servers can return back to performing light duty in 5 to 7 days with delaying the heavier lifting activities until 3-4 weeks after surgery.  Some patients move a bit quicker in the process and some move a bit slower. Of course, it is best if you discuss this with your plastic surgeon and your work supervisors before your surgery to minimize any surprises.  Hope this helps and best of luck.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Recovery

+3

I will clear my patients to start exercise as tolerated or resume heavy lifting in 3-4 weeks after their surgery *gradually*   The key word here is gradually.  This means to slowly resume your exercise routines and advance in a step by step fashion.  Please talk to your PS about his/her specific recommendations.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Returning to work after breast augmentation

+2

Many of my breast augmentation patients could return to waiting tables in 1 week if they do not have to lift much.  From the way you describe your work I would recommend at least 2 weeks.

Gary Hall,MD

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Recovery following breast augmentation

+2

Recovery following breast augmentation surgery will vary from patient to patient. Pain thresholds, the pocket used and the patient's job will all influence discussions regarding return to work. I always like to be safe and cautious on behalf of my patients and therefore I always recommend a 'worse case scenario' rather than the best case scenario. Generally speaking this will range between 1-2 weeks.

London Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to returning to your specific line of work. He/she will know how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. Generally, most patients are able to return to the “desk job” within 5 to 7 days. More strenuous work, for example involving lifting or extensive upper body movement, will require more time off.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

When can I return to work waiting tables?

+1

Patients who have a desk job can typically go back to work in 4-5 days with restrictions.  Waiting tables is a much more physical job and I understand your finances depend on tips, so I think taking anywhere from 5-7 days off will suffice being that you are restricted in server responsibilities with light side work.   No reaching above your shoulders for glasses, etc for about 2 weeks, no lifting of anything 15lbs or heavier for 3-4 weeks and gradually working it back in.  Listen to your body, if it still hurts, don't do it for another week.  Take more trips to bring out food, etc.  You will feel fine after a few days so you have to remind yourself that you just had surgery and don't want to cause any complications and possible revisionary surgery by going back to strenuous work too soon. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Time Off Wirk After a Breast Augmentation

+1

A lot depends on where the implant is placed. If it is placed under the muscle, then more time off will be required before returning to lifting heavy objects and loading your upper body. The situation you described may require up to a week off, but you may need help with anything over 10-15 pounds for another 3-4 weeks. If placed over the muscle (under the breast), the recovery may be much shorter.

Munster Plastic Surgeon

Time off after breast augmentation

+1

Time off after breast augmentation varies among surgeons and even among patients within an individual surgeon's practice - this is best discussed with your surgeon of choice.

Returne to work at the discretion of your surgeon.

+1

Most waitresses can return to work in about two weeks after breast augmentation. This is variable however in depends upon the progress of convalescence as well as the specifics of the job.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Work after breast augmentation

+1

Waiting tables is a very vigorous job.  I have patients wait a few days to a  week to go back to desk work, but tell them to avoid heavy lifting for up to 6 weeks. If you do not have to  lift heavy trays it might be sooner .