Best Treatment for Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra (DPN)?

I have problem of dermatosis papulosa nigra (DPN). Is there any liquid medicine to apply on it to remove it. Also is there is any medicine to take inside. I heard there is effective medicine in homeopathy.

The Iridex 532nm laser

+2

I have published a paper on this treatment. It is remarkably safe and effective, even on the darkest skin. It is a 532 nm laser with a very small 1mm or less spot size for precise delivery of the energy. There is a great risk of pigment disruption with any other treatment. I have pictures of results on my web site.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Yes!

+1
lots of ways to treat- KTP laser with small spot or electrosurgery both work well- would not endorse any topical cream etc

E. Victor Ross, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Dermatosis papulosa nigra (DPN) treament

+1

Removal of dermatosis papulosa nigra (DPN) lesions is generally simple, fast and effective.  If the lesions are flat, they can be removed with light electrodessication and gauze abrasion.  Raised lesions may need to be snipped off.  Numbing cream can be applied in advance to make the procedure more comfortable.  Antibiotic ointment is applied immediately afterward and twice daily for the following week until the treated areas heal.  Patients often find this procedure very satisfying as they see results immediately, it is fast, relatively low risk and generally affordable.  Even if every lesion is not removed, patients report notcing that their complexion appears clearer and fresher.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

DPN's are usually pretty easy to treat with either light electrodessication or focal erbium laser

+1

Simple electrodessication can be very effective for DPN's, but use of low settings is very important. Patients should avoid picking or manipulating these areas, as this can increase the risk of discoloration that is persistent. Snip-removal can also be helpful for larger, more pedunculated lesions. For larger areas, an erbium laser can be very helpful, reliable and effective and avoids the use of liquid nitrogen (which is more likely to lead to discoloration or scarring).

Joel L. Cohen, MD
Denver Dermatologic Surgeon

Dermatosa papulosa nigra

+1

I am not aware of any cream or liquid that can safely eliminate these lesions without creating a hyperpigmentation concern. These benign growths, dermatosa papulosa nigra are usually treated by snip excision, cauterization or other treatments but there can be a discoloration, lighter or darker, usually temporary. The risk of scarring exists.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Electro-dessication

+1

Most physicians prefer electro-dessication for treating dermatosis papulsa nigra. This is simple, safe effective,  and if done properly, should not leave a scar. Cryotherapy can also be used but there is a risk of post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. Laser, for those with money to burn, can also be used. It creates a scab which will fall off a few days later.

I realize there are some liquids and creams advertised on the internet, but I would rather not dignify them as an alternative ( not so much for this use. but for the fact they also claim to take off moles....presenting a huge risk to the public, just so they can make a buck).

An oral medication to relieve yourself of dermatosis papulosa nigra, I can assure you, is a scam.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist