I've had thin lips my whole life, I hate it. Is the change I want possible? And how much would it cost? (photo)

Lip enhancement with hyaluronic acid based fillers

+1
Lip enhancement with a hyaluronic acid based filler can help you achieve n improvement of your lips. Results are temporary, which is good because you can alter the results achieved on subsequent treatments to accommodate changing preferences. In addition, results can be reversed if you don't like them with a simple injection of hyaluronidase.

The exact dosing for you can be determined in consultation with your cosmetic physician with an in-person evaluation, as this will allow for a better assessment of your concern. Generally, clinics provide a per syringe price, and this can be anywhere from $550 to $850 in Toronto, Ontario. For minor wrinkles, less than a full syringe may be needed while for a dramatic enhancement, one syringe or more may be required.

When properly done, lips can be enhanced yet look natural

+1

Unfortunately, too many people are walking around with over-filled or improperly filled lips. When I perform lip augmentation, it's like you applying lipstick. First the border of the lips are filled, your "lip liner." Next we fill in the body of the lip or your "lipstick." Each person needs to be treated as an individual and different amounts are used to get a natural result. One hard and fast rule is that the lower lip should always be 1 1/2 to 2 times the size of the upper lip, so rarely do I fill just the upper lip, even though I'm often asked.

For a young person, usually one cc if filler, either Juvederm or Restylane is used. For mature ladies looking to restore a natural cupid's bow or a beginner who is worried about looking too big we start with 1/2cc. Costs vary by region and city.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Lip augmentation with filler

+1

Filler is a great option for the lips. I like Juvederm, as it is very soft and yields a great looking and natural result. Cost can vary depending on the physician and your location. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon. They are all great choices, and will be able to advise you after examining you in person. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Lip Advancements for Substantial Enlargement

+1

To possibly go from your lip vermilion size to what you have envisioned would require lip advancements. (rolling out the vermilion) While that is possible, oen has to carefully considering the fine line scar along the lip edge to do so.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Better lips

+1

Thank you for your enquiry. The photo you have provided of "ideal lips" are fuller than yours and the corners are slightly upturned. Judicious use of dermal fillers will improve your lip volume, while the use of Botox could lift the corners of your mouth. Some food for thought...

All the best

James Southwell-Keely, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

You have both temporary and permanent options for increasing the volume in your lips.  Hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane can be injected into your lips in the office to give you a fuller look to your lips that will last around 6-9 months.  These fillers disappear over this time as your body break downs the product naturally.  One syringe of filler typically costs between $500-$600. Lip implants, such as the Permalip implant can give you more permanent volume in your lips.  The Permalip implant is a solid silicone implant that is soft and flexible.  The implant is placed along the wet-dry border of your red lip.  The implant is permanent, but can easily be removed if needed down the line. The procedure can be performed in the office and usually costs between $2000-$3000 for both lips. 

Jessica Kulak, MD
Fairfax Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fuller lips can be achieved with a fat augmentation or subnasal lip lift.

+1

Fuller lips can be achieved with a fat augmentation or subnasal lip lift. As long as the lips are not overfilled creating a duck appearance you should have a good result.

Lips can be improved very easily with fillers or implants.

+1

To achieve close to what you wish it would probably take 3 syringes of fillers such as restylane, juvederm or belotero at $550/syringe and last about 6 months. I advise to do that 1st then when you get the shape and look you want then switch over to the more permanent implants and look great forever. Sincerely,David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

Lip augmentation can be performed with filler material like the hyaluronic acid products such as perlane, restylane, and juvederm.

Lip augmentation options for Thin lips

+1

Lip augmentation is a popular option to enhance the upper and/or the lower lips. Treatment is normally performed in the office with HA (hyaluronic acid) fillers, such as Restylane, Juvederm, or Belotero. Fat injections are another option for lip augmentation. Results last about 6 months, and prices range from approximately $600, depending on the number treatments required. Most plastic surgeons and dermatologist will conservatively add volume until the desired shape and size are achieved. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a specialist can he/she help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon