Lip Augmentation with Retin-A?

Hello, I'm a 23 year old male with small lips; my upper and lower lips are thin and lack volume. I want a slight, natural increase in my lip volume and thickness and I'm looking for long-lasting results. Fat transfer seems promising but I don't know if it'll last long enough. Also, would daily application of Retin-A at night aid in augmenting the volume of my lips not dramatically, but slighty enough to look barely noticeable, but natural?

Lip Augmentation

+2

Retin A will not add volume to your lips and likely will cause irritation if applied daily to the lips.  To increase volume to your lips a filler or fat transfer is necessary.

Annapolis Dermatologist

Retin A will not revolumize the lips

+2

Retin A is more of a re-texturizer. Lip volume requires filler, but in a skilled injector's hands, very natural results. The problem with fat is that it can really look bad for several weeks before it looks good. And while fat lasts longer than filler here, it is still not permanent.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Retin-A is not for Lip Augmentation

+1

Sorry, but Retin-A will not have any effect on the volume of your lips!  It is great to rejuvenate the skin, however.   Injectables, such as Juvederm, are perfect for subtle lip enhancement, but will have to be periodically re-done for maintenance.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Retin-A is not give lip augmentation...

+1

No, Retin-A will not volumize your lips.  You should consider injections of Juvederm Ultra Plus or Perlane first before getting into a more permanent solution like a lip implant.  Hyaluronic acids like Juvederm and Perlane can last 6 to 12 months in the lips.  They are very safe and patients are typically very happy with their results.  Make sure you go to an experienced provider who LISTENS to what you are looking for in the end result .

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Lip augmentation

+1

Lip augmentation for permanent or semipermanent results raquire dermis-fat graft or fat transfer.

You can have a lip implant 9not very crazy about the results

Retin A does not work for lip augmentation

+1

What Retin A can do is cause some irritation which would produce temporary slight swelling of the lips but they will also be itchy and uncomfortable.

Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, like Juvederm or Restylane, work well for lip augmentation and last between 6 months and a year.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon