What Are These Lines Under my Eye and How Do I Get Rid of Them? (photo)

I'm only 22, and the last few months I've developed 2 quite deep lines under my eyes. I don't know whether they're premature wrinkles or dehydration lines, I feel I am too young to start getting wrinkles, I don't know any one else my age with these :( I have uploaded a picture of them. Are there any eye creams or gels which would tackle my problem? I'm in the UK.

Eyelid Wrinkles

+2

The wrinkle you have on your eyelid is a classic Dennie Morgan fold.  It is a genetic marker for someone who is prone to having eczema and allergies, hayfever, dry sensitive skin and even migraine headaches.  Small amounts of Botox I think would be the only thing that may significantly help though I agree that in the long term, daily sun protection is important.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles

+1

Hi!

There are quite a few options for under eye treatment. The tear trough area would do very well with injectables like Restylane or Juvederm, and the skin texture can be helped by retinoid creams, vitamin C sera. Make sure to not leave this area out, while applying sunscreen, and extra protection with sunglasses helps.

Also, do you have a tendency to allergies - are you atopic? Which could also explain the lines, and are you sure it has only been 2 months that the lines have appeared?

Renita Lourdhurajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist

Treatment of lower eyelid wrinkles

+1

Treatment of lower eyelid wrinkles can include topical Retin-A and moisturizers with sunblock, chemical peels, injectable fillers such as Restylane,  small doses of Botox, or eyelid lift - blepharoplasty.  At only 22 years of age, I would probably suggest you concentrate on protecting your eyelid skin with the topical treatments first.  Our office carries the Obagi line of topicals which works well.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon