Are Butterfly Grafts Common in Revision Rhinoplasty for Nasal Valve Collapse?

I was wondering if the butterfly graft a common graft used in a revision rhinoplasty. I was also wondering what are the indications for its use and what are the pros and cons for using a butterfly graft as opposed to spreader grafts? Thank You

Butterfly grafts

+1

I would not say that butterfly grafts are a common solution for nasal valve collapse.  For me, the procedure is usually lower on the list of options.  The problem with a butterfly graft is that it can cause some elevation of the profile.  Dorsal spreader grafts for the internal nasal valves and alar strut or batten grafts for the external nasal valves are the most common solutions. 

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon