Can Several Light Chemical Peels Accomplish What a Harsh Chemical Peel Can?

I have fair skin and light hair, I have lines around my eyes and mouth from sun and smoking. I am especially concerned about the lines around my mouth.

Chemical Peels for Lines around the Mouth

+2

Lines around the mouth are especially challenging to treat. Oftentimes, we need to use a combination of modalities to achieve an optimum outcome. These methods may include small amounts of Botox, fillers, and medium depth chemical peels such as a TCA peel. 

Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Unfortunately there is no free lunch.

+2

Several lighter peels do not do what one deeper peel can-ever.  It is simply a matter of getting a strong enough agent deep enough into the skin.  However, I often recommend a somewhat lighter peel that I think is actually needed.  The rationale for this is that it is much easier to go back and do a deeper peel that to correct an over-peeled skin.  Less is definitely more with peels provided you have peeled deep enough to make a difference.

1-2 medium TCA peels do well for lines around the mouth and eyes.

+2

Multiple Light chem peels don't do the same as heavier peels but is still helpful.  Usually 1-2 medium TCA peels does great for creases around the mouth and eyes.  The more the better.  sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon