Is It Possible to Lose Skin Elasticity from Too Many Chemical Peels and Laser Treatments?

Can a loss of skin elasticity and deeper nasolabial folds be a result of too many chemical peels and laser treatments? I had a series of glycolic peels followed by a laser treatments 6 months later for melasma. Shortly after the laser treatment I noticed significantly deeper nasolabial folds. I wasn't sure if this is coincidental or if I need to slow down on the treatments. I am only 31 and the onset of the nasolabial folds seemed to happen quick.

Chemical Peel - skin folds

+1

In general, if anything chemical peels should help to stimulate more collagen production and reduce facial wrinkles and soften folds.

Glycolic acid peels are very superficial, and they really shouldn't affect the deeper layers much at all. 

Dr. Jamil Asaria

FACE Cosmetic Surgery, Toronto, Canada

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can my skin be hurt with multiple peels?

+1

I believe there is no connection between your peels and deepened nasolabial folds. Peels thin the dead outer layer and help thicken the live inner layer of skin. They would never affect subcutaneous tissue. Indeed, they will actually thicken and rejuvenate skin.

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist