Do Eyelashes Fall out Once You Stop Using Latisse?

I am considering using Latisse for lash growth. I have very thin and short lashes. However, many reviewers on another site mentioned that once you stop using Latisse, your eyelashes completely fall out or fall out in patches, leaving noticeable gaps. Is this true?

Eyelashes return to normal after stopping Latisse

+1

Contrary to some user reviews, eyelashes do not fall out in clumps or get thinner after stopping Latisse. They simply return to their normal fullness and length that was present before the medication was used. The same phenomenon occurs after stopping topical hair growth regimens on the scalp. There are simply no reports in the literature of the problem ending up worse than before due to Latisse.

This topical medication certainly does increase lash length and fullness, so losing that benefit and going back to your normal state might seem like a loss compared to the new growth. Consistent use is required to maintain extended fullness and growth, but stopping use won't make lashes fall out.

Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse and lash fallout

+1

Once you stop using Latisse your eyelashes go back to their normal hair cycle.  They will fall out just like they did before you started  Latisse.  They should not fall out  in patches or clumps.  They should end up looking like you originally did. 

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon