Latisse Before and After Eyelid Surgery?

How long before surgery do I discontinue using Latisse and how long after can I start using it again?

Latisse Prior to Eyelid Surgery

+1

It would be in your best interest to speak with your surgeon as to his/her recommendations of when to stop and start using Latisse before and after surgery. 

Generally, stopping 2 weeks prior to surgery is safe and then waiting to make sure all incision lines are healed prior to starting again after surgery would be a safe way to go.

Latisse Before and After Eyelid Surgery

+1

In general, I recommend stopping the use of Latisse two weeks prior to surgery. You can resume using Latisse a month to a month and a half post surgery. One of the most common side effects from latisse is itching, so it is important to wait until your incisions heal after surgery as to not disturb the recovery process.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse Use After Surgery

+1

I suggest speaking to your surgeon. However, a good rule of thumb is 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks post procedure. 

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse

+1

I would suggest stopping Latisse a few days before sugery and begin again wheb the incisions are healed without any inflammation

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Eyelashes grow in cycles.

+1

Once you have maximum lash growth which takes about 6-8 weeks, you can actually forego Latisse for about this about of time.  There is no really contraindication regarding the use of Latisse but I recommend you discuss this with your eyelid surgeon for their specific recommendations.

Latisse and eyelid surgery

+1

Latisse is a safe and great way to get longer, thicker and darker lashes.  However it tends to make inflammation (swelling and redness) worse.  For that reason it is not a good idea to use Latisse while you are healing from eyelid surgery.

I would suggest that you stop the Latisse about one week prior to surgery and stay off of it until about a month after surgery.  In most cases, the eyelash improvement holds up over that period of time off of the medication.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon