Laser Treatment for Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii?

My son is 14 years old and has been diagnosed with Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii. It has been present as far back as I can remember but it appears to be getting worse. It is causing him a lot of embarrassment. Is there a laser treatment to help or is there something else I can do?

Treatment with V-beam and Fraxel for Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii

+2

As moisturizers are used but do not cure this condition of red cheeks, and rough pores, it might be worth a trial of Skin Medica's Redness Relief Cream.  There may be some dimunition of color by using the V-beam  laser that utilizes a yellow wavelength of light to reduce the redness in skin by treating the capillary vessels that create the color.  Fraxel laser, specifically the Restore, may help smoothen the keratosis but a laser expert should be consulted and the skin not treated until a test spot is done in th emost remote facial area to check the actual response.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/fraxel/index.html