Best Laser to Treat Pigmentation on Indian Skin?

Hi, I have a patch of pigmented skin (dermal) on my cheek that's been around for 10yrs, prompted by a reaction of some sort.

It has not responded to bleaching creams, light Chemical peels. Would laser be an option? Q Yag, Q ruby or Fraxel?

Fraxel Dual Works for Pigment

+1

If you have tried hydroquinone (fading cream) and retin-a (tretinoin), light chemical peels and sun avoidance, it may be time to look into laser treatment for your pigmented patch. We recently purchased a new Fraxel laser, called the Fraxel Dual. It has two wavelengths. The original Fraxel restore 1550 non-ablative resurfacing laser, and a new 1927 wavelength that seems to work really well for brown discoloration on ALL skin types. It is a brand new wavelength to skin treatments. I have treated 10 patients with melasma or other dyspigmentation and have had 50 to 75% improvement with just one treatment. I suggest that you continue with the fading cream as it will help a little - but look into the Fraxel Dual.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Non-ablative fractional Erbium laser resurfacing best to treat pigment on Indian skin

+1

Deep Chemical peels and ablative CO2 and flat beam Erbium laser resurfacing and Photofacial or IPL risk causing post inflammatory hyperpigmentation when used on Indian skin.

The non-ablative fractional Erbium 1540 laser can be used safely on Indian skin when used by an experienced doctor at low power settings, to remove pigment.

Seek out a doctor who has experience treating dark skin with the laser. I use the Lux1540 non ablative Erbium laser.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Laser Surgery

+1

I would avoid the laser as this may worsen the pigment condition, and result in hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation, both things you will not want.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon