Laser Treatment or Chemical Peels for Dark Armpits?

I'm Asian; me & my sisters have these dark underarms. I've had them ever since I was little and I have always been embarassed about raising my arm because it's dark!

I bought a product that is supposed to peel off the darkness, but it doesn't work, so I was wondering if there is some kind of treatment I can get for this?

My armpits are not dark from deodorant!

Melaquin creams for darkening of the armpits

Dark armpits are common and hyperpigmentation may occur in areas of the skin that experience constant rubbing of skin such as the thighs and armpits.  I advise patients to begin Melaquin creams twice daily for at least 3 months.  There are no instant answers. 

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Dark Armpits Skin Lightening

Neither Laser nor Chemical Peel (usually).  The differential diagnosis for dark armpit skin is too wide and varied to suggest a specific treatment in this forum.  You need to see your Dermatologist for this.  Good luck.

Robert Strimling, MD

10105 Banburry Cross Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89144

Dark under-arms

Dark under-arms are largely a genetic phenomenon and may represent thickened skin in that area, or possibly a condition called acanthosis nigricans (which is associated with insulin resistance/diabetes). I would seek the advice of a board certified dermatologist in your area to assess your underarms.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

10672 Wexford Street
San Diego, CA 92131