Laser Treatment or Chemical Peels for Dark Armpits?

I'm Asian; me & my sisters have these dark underarms. I've had them ever since I was little and I have always been embarassed about raising my arm because it's dark!

I bought a product that is supposed to peel off the darkness, but it doesn't work, so I was wondering if there is some kind of treatment I can get for this?

My armpits are not dark from deodorant!

Melaquin creams for darkening of the armpits

+2

Dark armpits are common and hyperpigmentation may occur in areas of the skin that experience constant rubbing of skin such as the thighs and armpits.  I advise patients to begin Melaquin creams twice daily for at least 3 months.  There are no instant answers. 

Dark Armpits Skin Lightening

+2

Neither Laser nor Chemical Peel (usually).  The differential diagnosis for dark armpit skin is too wide and varied to suggest a specific treatment in this forum.  You need to see your Dermatologist for this.  Good luck.

Robert Strimling, MD

Dark under-arms

+1

Dark under-arms are largely a genetic phenomenon and may represent thickened skin in that area, or possibly a condition called acanthosis nigricans (which is associated with insulin resistance/diabetes). I would seek the advice of a board certified dermatologist in your area to assess your underarms.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist