Laser Treatment of Blue Veins Around Eyes Some Complications? (photo)

Hello, Laser used: Nd:YAG 1064 About a week ago I have had a laser treatment that should remove blue veins under my eyes. The veins are gone unfortunately under my left eye some tree white spots appered. They are hard as a rock and quite visible however do not cause any pain. Is this normal reaction after such a treatment? Will spots disappear after a while by itself or I will need another treatment? How long do I need to wait to notice some improvement?

Laser Side Effects Around the Eyes

Thanks for your question and sorry to hear about your side effect from the laser. Do not worry this will resolve.  Please see your treating physician, as topical or injectable steroids may help this resolve quickly. Try gentle massage also in the meantime. Good Luck.

Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser treatment of veins under eye

We treat many veins under the eye (periorbital region) in our office with the Nd:YAG laser. Key to treatment is good eye protection, proper skin cooling and knowing how to use the laser well. Potential problems are no result due to wrong settings, skin burns and clotting of the veins. The white spots created by your treatment may be burns but should heal well. Sometimes clotted blood in the vessels creates a lump that should go away.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Discoloration from Laser Treatment to Veins Around Eyes

I recommend you follow up with the physician who performed the laser treatments. Typically after laser to veins around the eyes there is some erythema (redness) and even possible bruising, but white spots are less typical.