Laser stretch mark treatment on type 4 skin?

I have been bothered by my stretch marks for a number of years now. I would like to get them treated but I am unsure if laser treatments are effective on stretch marks. I also have fitzpatrick type 4 skin and I am not sure if lasers are entirely safe on my skin type? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Laser stretch mark therapy in type IV skin

It is good that you are being cautious with using laser technology given your skin type.

I tend to use the Palomar Lux 1540 for the treatment of stretch marks. This particular device is safe to use in type IV skin. You would need up to 6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. This technology creates small microzones of thermal injury to stimulate collagen production which tends to fill in and camouflage the appearance of stretch marks.