Laser stretch mark treatment on type 4 skin?

I have been bothered by my stretch marks for a number of years now. I would like to get them treated but I am unsure if laser treatments are effective on stretch marks. I also have fitzpatrick type 4 skin and I am not sure if lasers are entirely safe on my skin type? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Laser stretch mark therapy in type IV skin

+1
It is good that you are being cautious with using laser technology given your skin type.

I tend to use the Palomar Lux 1540 for the treatment of stretch marks. This particular device is safe to use in type IV skin. You would need up to 6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. This technology creates small microzones of thermal injury to stimulate collagen production which tends to fill in and camouflage the appearance of stretch marks. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologist