Will Laser Resurfacing Help to Minimize Open/enlarged Pores?

I am a 25 year old male and i am fair skinned. Teenage acne has left some mild scarring but oil production has been a significant issue leading to significant enlargement of the pores to my cheeks nose and forehead. What improvement would be realistically possible following such treatment?

Halo for reduction of pore size

We have found the Halo Hybrid laser by Sciton to be remarkable in reducing pore size. In discussing this observation with my colleagues around the country, they say there isn't another laser on the market that is as effective as Halo in doing this. The treatment is performed under topical anesthesia only, takes about 30 minutes and there is less than 24 hours of redness and downtime.

Sciton Halo Laser for Pores

Until recently there has not been any really good solution for facial pores. Sciton developed a new laser called the Halo. Its a hybrid fractional laser which uses 2 lasers together to achieve results. In the studies (of which I was a part of) we found unexpected unbelievable results on pores (as well as expected improvement in texture, pigment etc). This laser is starting to be delivered to physicians in July 2014

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Pore size reduction

Pore size may be reduced with numerous lasers that are available.  Erbium lasers can sometimes do it by performing microlaser peels as well as Thermascan lasers which can also help acne scarring by remodeling collagen under the surface.

Minimize pores

Some patients see improvement with laser resurfacing and some don't. Fraxel Restore has provided some improvement for my patients but I can't guarantee the results.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon