When Will I Start to Look Normal Again After CO2 Laser Treatment?

I have very bad swelling, bruising, and raw skin with minimul bleeding after Day 1. When will I look normal again and when can I wear makeup?

look normal again after CO2 Lase

+1

Depending on the # of passes and depth of treatment determines the hrealing time. Also your genetics and any medical issues. On average healing that 2 to 3 weeks. Consult the doctor who treated you.

From MIAMI DR. B

Healing after laser resurfacing

+1

Laser resurfacing with carbon dioxide can be of the old type non-fractional ablative, or fractional ablative. If the former, the number of passes and energy create a different convalescent period. Many people take 12 days, less or more, to heal, but the redness can take several months to go away. There is a faster convalescence with the newer fractional carbon dioxide laser.  Be sure to ask your doctor your questions though.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Try to be patient

+1

First of all, these are questions that should be asking your treating physician.  Make sure you stay in close touch with him or her.  The first week after laser resurfacing is always a difficult time for patients because there can be a lot of swelling, redness, crusting and sometimes bruising from anesthesia shots.  Once your face peels ( usually between the 4-7 day) then your skin will still be pink to red in color.  This color can last anywhere from 1 week to rarely 1-2 months.

Every patient is different and healing times can vary depending upon the laser settings used so make sure you stay in contact with your doctor and keep your follow up appointments to make sure everything heals as planned.

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon