Smoothbeam Laser Resurfacing After-care?

I had smoothbeam laser treatment (mild acne scarring, acne) yesterday. Obviously, ive done it in China--so the info i got about aftercare was seriously limited (although i went to the best private hospital in Beijing) so--my skin is dry and flaking. I am already using spf 45 moisturizer in daytime. should i use aloe gel, anti-biotic gel, vitamin E, additional moisturizer? how often? Is it ok to soak my face in mild sea salt water? What the heck should i be doing!

Aftercare for Smoothbeam

+1

The simple solution to dryness and flaking after Smoothbeam is in choosing the right moisturizer. Gel based topicals and serums counterbalance dryness well, though aloe, bacitracin/anti-biotic, and vitamin e would not be my first choices. Hyaluronic acid products, such as Bionect [JSJ Pharmaceuticals] and Bio-Gel [NeoCutis], are among my most frequent recommendations because they attract and retain moisture. After a treatment like Smoothbeam, moisturizer may be applied generously and frequently!

Additionally, for as long as you are experiecing dryness, the treatment area should be cleansed with a very gentle cleanser, in lukewarm to cool water. Sun exposure should be limited for a week before and after treatment. And lastly, sunblock [with a 30 SPF or higher] should be applied everyday.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Care after smoothbeam is easy

+1

After smoothbeam laser the skin may be red and slightly swollen - this usually is gone in several hours. For your skin care, we recommend gentle cleansing (no scrubbing) and application of a simple moisturizer if needed and sunscreen. If you have any areas that blister or bubble, then it is absolutely critical to keep those areas covered with vaseline or petroleum jelly ointment. If any areas do not seem to be healing well - see your doctor. (this would be very rare after smoothbeam).

Charlotte Dermatologist

Mild cleanser, good moisturizer, and sunblock

+1

Hi M,

At two weeks out, I ask that my patients use a mild cleanser (Cetaphil), a good moisturizer (Skin medica dermal repair with TNS), and a strong sun block (TiSilk 45). I hope that you are healing well and that you are pleased with your Smoothbeam laser treatment. Be well.

Dr. P