Which Laser is Better for Improving the Appearance of Stretch Marks ?

I would like to improve the appearance of some old, white stretch marks that I have on my thighs and hips. I went to 2 places that use different lasers and I'd like know which one would be more effective. The 1st place offers to give me 3 treatments with Erbium, Yag-KTP and Collagen Inducing Therapy. The 2nd place offers to treat me (they said I'd need at least 5 sessions) with Aramis. Which laser would help me improve their appearance more if at all?

No treatment for stretch marks other than excision

+1

The only really effective treatment for stretch marks is excision like in a tummy tuck.  Old white ones won't even respond to any lasers because all those do is get the color out but don't get rid of the stretch marks.  Save your money as both places want to rip you off.

There is NO laser which reliably improves stretch marks

+1

In my experience, there is NO laser, light source, cream, pill, 1-800-RIP-OFF or internet ripoff which works reliably for stretch marks. I am aware of reports in the literature where various devices and creams have been described as improving stretch marks, but in the real world outcomes have been unpredictable and unreliable. Patient satisfaction with treatments for stretch marks is generally very low.

Fortunately, nature usually does a fine job of fading stretch marks, and I have had many patients over the past 22 years whose stretch marks improved greatly, compared with baseline photos, over a period of several years, simply with the passage of time.

This may account for the success of some quack remedies: the patient was going to get better anyway, but if they were using a particular treatment they will tend to attribute the improvement to whatever they were using at the time that they got better.

Kevin C. Smith, MD
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon

Stretch Mark Lasers...

+1

Regarding: "Which Laser is Better for Improving the Appearance of Stretch Marks ?
I would like to improve the appearance of some old, white stretch marks that I have on my thighs and hips. I went to 2 places that use different lasers and I'd like know which one would be more effective. The 1st place offers to give me 3 treatments with Erbium, Yag-KTP and Collagen Inducing Therapy. The 2nd place offers to treat me (they said I'd need at least 5 sessions) with Aramis. Which laser would help me improve their appearance more if at all
?"

"Improve the appearance...", "reduce the appearance of..." and other similar vague bogus terms are commonly used to separate you from your money. Stretch marks are permanent cracks in the skin which cannot be erased by anything at our disposal. Because they affect almost every woman, it is a huge opportunity for hucksters of all persuasions to make billions of desperate women. Shove your money into the deepest depths of your pockets and keep walking past these places. You would save yourself a lot of money and needless disappointment.

Dr. Peter Aldea