Laser Hair Removal for Nasal Hair?

Can hair be removed from the outer and inner nasal area with electrolysis? My nose is getting quite hairy as I age. Can this hair be removed with any treatment safely?

Laser Hair Removal for Nasal Hair

+2
A good electrologist can safely remove some hairs from this area – under the guidance of a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. We have had an electrologist in our office for almost 25 years – and she is extremely adept on treating single or multiple hairs with those modality. She also uses lasers and IPLs for hair removal under my supervision --- she has a passion for hair and its removal.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser hair removal around nose

+1

The first issue is that electrolysis is different than laser hair removal. One uses heat developed by light to remove hair (lasers) and the other uses heat developed by electricity (electrolysis) to remove hair. Because we perform only laser hair removal we will avoid commenting on electrolysis. It is possible to perform laser hair removal safely ONLY on the exterior areas of the nose. The interior nostril area is made up of mucous membranes that would be burned if laser hair removal was performed in this area.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD