Waxing Hair Left After Completing Laser Hair Removal Treatments?

Can I wax the hair left after all hair removal sessions, since I don't have any plans of getting another laser removal? Only 50% of my leg hair were removed after 6 sessions so I want to wax the rest. The hair that is growing is not that thick, but if I wax it, will it affect the ones permanently removed? And how will it affect the hair being waxed? Will it grow back the same as before I had laser removal (thick and very dark)?

Fine to wax

+1
It is okay to wax the remaining hair. It should not affect the treated hair, although without undergoing maintenance sessions, you may experience more hair growth as untreated hairs become more apparent. This is not a result of waxing, however.

It's safe to wax your legs after laser hair removal

+1

Dear Meowmeow,

It's typical to get fine, thin, slow-growing hairs after laser hair removal to your legs. I see no issue waxing them.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon