Laser Genesis for Sun Damaged Skin? (photo)

I am scheduled to have 4-6 Laser Genesis (Cutera) treatments to reduce a generalized, diffused redness to my skin and restore the milky complexion I once had. I am hopeful it will tighten my skin (if only slightly) and reduce pore size. Is this the right laser therapy for me?

I am 37, with very few wrinkles (thanks to genetics), but have had sun damage from childhood. I was informed that I would need IPL in addition to reduce the appearance of sun spots. Will this procedure be effective for my goal in reducing the red "hue" I have to my skin or is there another laser procedure that would be more effective or comprehensive?

Laser Genesis

+1

Treat the red with the IPL/Limelight or Syneron SRA, then a face peel with the Pearl or CO2 laser like the CORE or Active FX.  First see a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Laser Genesis and IPL are excellent choices

+1

Laser plus a good skin care and sun protection program will help bring back your look. Laser Genesis is excellent for reducing the overall red hue and it helps stimulate collagen underneath as it puts your fresh face forward. IPL will help with red also, in addition to toning down the brown sunspots. Sunscreens and sun protection will allow your skin time to heal itself from the past damage.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon