What Laser Best for Freckle Removal?

I want to get rid of my freckles/ I have tried IPL- w/o success. What laser should I go with? I am looking at Fraxel, Medlite C6, Gentlemax... cant decide which one would work the best? (by the best I mean: the best results, fewer treatments, less downtime? dont have a whole lot of money to spend...fraxel=more expensive but is fraxel=most effective also true? thanks for any suggestions..

Best Laser for Freckle removal...

+2

Fraxel is an excellent laser that helps patients with freckles, sun damage, wrinkles and mild to moderate skin damage.  Most patients do very well with three treatments in the begining, with an occasional maintenance treatment thereafter.   There is very little downtime associated with Fraxel.  After the procedure you are left with what appears to be a bad sunburn which can be covered up with concealer.  The Medlite C6 or YAG laser is great for individual freckles and can work well after only one session.  If your face is covered with freckles you should probably go with the Fraxel.  One thing to remember is that the sun will make the freckles come out again, so use sunblock.  I would make an appointment with your plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for the Fraxel or Medlite procedures.

Edison Plastic Surgeon

What Laser is Best for Freckle Removal?

+1

Thank you for your question. If you would like the least number of treatments, I would recommend a fractional Iablative device such as CO2. The next best may be a fractionated sublative laser such as e matrix.  An Alex laser can also spit treat with minimal downtime and expense. Whichever method you decide, I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Many options for treating freckles

+1

An invasive laser such as CO2, fractional CO2 (ActiveFX, DeepFX, Re:Pair, CORE), Erbium, Fraxel or a chemical acid peel would remove a freckle or an area of freckles faster than a noninvasive laser such as KTP (Aura, Gemini, Iriderm), Q-switched KTP (Medlite, Revlite), Alexandrite, or Ruby lasers but there is a downside if you have darker or tan skin or live in a sunny region and are very active outdoors.  The invasive lasers by causing an injury to remove the freckle can cause increased photosensitivity which in the long run can make you freckle more intensely if you don't take careful measure to protect yourself from the sun.  The safer but slower route (because you may need more treatments to get rid of the freckle) are the noninvasive lasers.  IPL does not work as well because it's more diffuse and superficial in its depth of penetration and not as focused as a true laser beam.  The pulsed dye laser (ie: V-Beam, Perfecta) works on red blood vessels but not as good on freckles as the KTP.  Using liquid nitrogen is also another option for treating freckles.

Web reference: http://www.eastbaylaser.com/

Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Freckle treatment with lasers

+1

The Alexandrite or frequency doubled Neodynium Yag lasers, and the glass tip V-beam lasers are very effective to reduce pigment that is focal.  Possibly a few treatments may be necessary, but many patients need only one or two. There may be some slight scabbing for five days that require oinment or cream to be applied for good healing for five days or so.  Certainly the pigment should be evaluated to make sure that the freckles are OK and not showing any atypical presence prior to laser treatment. Seeing a board certified dermatologist might be prudent. The Fraxel Dual laser also works very well but may require more treatments and is better for diffuse sundamage pigmentation than treating individual freckles.  Sun protection is a must.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/fraxel/index.html

How to get rid of freckles?

+1

For freckle removal, pre-treating the skin with hydroquinone and Retin-A is important. Lasers are very effective at minimizing freckles, specifically a fractional CO2 laser such as the ActiveFx or Fraxel.  Chemical peels also can be helpful. To assure your satisfaction and achieved goal, it would be best to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what procedure and/or products would work best for you.

Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Freckle Removal

+1

In my opinion, a Q switched laser, such as the Q switched alexandrite laser (with a wavelength of 755nm) is the best laser for removal of freckles.  Make sure you consult a board-ceritifed dermatologist, skilled and experienced in laser.   If any of the freckles appear to be "abnormal" to the trained eye of a dermatologist, they should be biopsied first before eradicating them with laser.

Pulsed dye laser, laser resurfacing, active fx are other options

+1

The pulsed dye laser, laser resurfacing, active fx are other options for freckle removal. It really depends on how deep the freckle is. Most of the time the freckle originates from the epidermis and hence will have a very superficial component. You can resurface your whole face or just go after the freckles themselves. Intense pulse light is another option and if it didn't work, it could mean that the wrong settings were used. Below is a video on laser resurfacing;

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon