Accidental Heavy Lifting After BA. What Damages Have I Caused? (photo)

I saved my son from falling by grabbing/lifting him with my right hand. This happened a few days after my BA. I couldn't help it... Motherly instinct.. Now my RT breast is smaller, softer and in pain-sore muscle.. Have I ruptured my implants? What damages have I caused??

Injury after breast augmentation

+2

Hard to say from this pictures angle but no obvious abnormalities are seen. If you have pain and severe swelling and asymmetry make an appointment to see your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breast/breast-augmentation-miami-fl/

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Accidental heavy lifting after BA.

+2

Dear Emc2.

It is difficult to tell from the angle of the post-op photo that you sent, because it does not show the lower border very well, but it is unlikely that you have caused any real damage.  Having said that, be seen by your plastic surgeon as an examination is the best way to tell if any damage occured.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Damage done After Breast Augmentation?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have after breast augmentation surgery. Despite best intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with precise/meaningful reassurance. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource in this regard.

Having said that,  neither your description of events or photo graphs are concerning. It is very unlikely that the amount of “trauma” that you have experienced would be significant  enough to cause breast implant rupture.

Again, follow up with your plastic surgeon for the best advice/reassurance.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Accidental Heavy Lifting After BA. What Damages Have I Caused?

+2

It is quite unlikely that you have done any harm other than causing yourself some discomfort.  But valid reassurance can only come during an examination by your surgeon. All the best. 

Unlikely to have caused any damage to your surgical procedure

+1

Normal activities will most likely have not long term effects on your breasts.  Just be careful and avoid activities that make the breasts bounce up and down.  Moderation of activities is the key after breast surgery.  It is the repetitive bouncing up and down that you want to avoid.  Also it helps to wear a well fitting bra.

+1

Best to be seen by your chosen surgeon to discuss and be examined. Most likely not a real issue or problem 

Nothing accidental when it comes to your children...

+1

and I'm glad you had your motherly instincts.  As for concerns if you hurt anything, you should see your surgeon about that as he/she knows what you were like after surgery and can better appreciate any changes.  Your photos alone do not show anything obvious.  At this stage, the only thing I worry about is rapid expansion of your breast.  Its normal to have all of the other sensations you describe.

Breast implant rupture?

+1

If the lower photo is your post-op, it looks like it is ok, but it is definitely worth an exam in person to make sure that is correct.