Large Pores and Pitted Scars?

I'm a 32 yr old African American female with a fair skin complexion. I have large pores and what appears to be pitted scars? My texture on my cheeks looks rough and makes me look older. I have done at home TCA peels with some success. I was told by a dermatologist that the little "holes" don't look that deep. Any recommendations for smoothing out the texture and reducing the appearance of the little holes?

Acne scarring and laser resurfacing

The dilated pores and apparaent acne scars do not appear to be ice-pick scars in your photograph. These type of scars that you demonstrate may respond very well to dermabrasion, Fraxel Repair or a series of multiple gentler and safer Fraxel Restore laser resurfacing. Post-operative coloration changes are to be discussed and respected. The risk of new scarring as a result of healing must be reviewed in consultation and there may be merit in peforming a test spot first and wait patiently to see if there is a coloration change that develops from the resurfacing that is disturbing to you. If this test produces a bad coloration, either lighter, or darker which doesn't improve, then you've avoided peforming the entire procedure. The test spot can be done in a more hidden area than on the front of your face. If however, the test area looks good, this does not mean that you are guaranteed not to develop a bad result, as the risk still persists but less than if you failed the test. See a board-certified experienced laser resurfacing expert.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon