Exactly How Large Will a 325 Cc Silicone Implant Make Me from a B Cup? (photo)

I am very athletic and will continue to keep getting more athletic. I'm a 34 C,but my sergeon sayd I'm more like a small B cup.What will a 325 cc silicone implant make me? I want to be a large C or Small D. Should I go to a 350 cc implant and if so should that be placed under the muscle? My doctor says I have enough breast tissue to do a subglandular implant placement which will make my breast appear more natural. Is this true?!

Breast Size after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. As you know, you may end up wearing different bra cup sizes depending on who makes the bra.

I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.

In my opinion, you will do better with sub muscular (dual plane) breast  augmentation.This positioning allows for more complete coverage of the breast implants leading to generally more natural feel/look  of the implants in the long-term. This position will also decrease the potential for rippling and/or palpability  of the implants (which may increase with time, weight loss, and/or post-pregnancy changes).

The submuscular positioning  also tends to interfere with mammography less so than in the sub glandular position. The incidence of breast implant encapsulation (capsular  contraction)  is also decreased with implants placed in the sub muscular position.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Exactly How Large Will a 325 Cc Silicone Implant Make Me from a B Cup?

+1

While we cannot predict an exact final cup size, a 325 or 350 cc implant sounds about right.  25cc is a very small difference, therefore, if those are the options, your Plastic Surgeon gave you, I would recommend going with the slightly larger size.  As far as placement goes, I do most of my implants subglandular because the breast do look more natural afterwards.

What Cup size is a 325 Silicone Implant

+1

Excellent Question. First, i would avoid a subglandular placement, it will look more natural initially but eventually the weight of the implant will cause excess saginess of the breats if not placed below the muscle, It is difficult to know what your final cup size will be, it depends on lots of factors

1. Your height and weight

2. Your pre-op breast/cup size

3. The projection of the implant - high/medium/low

4. Your implant size, cc's

These all need to be dicsused with your doctor, he should be able to show you pictures of someone with your chest and give you an idea size wise if you will be similar. Make sure your doctor is experienced, is a board certified plastic surgeon and is willing to listen to your goals.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

There is no "one size fits all" breast implant volume

+1

Each woman starts out with her own unique breast volume, breast size and breast shape that may differ from her left to right sides. 

An implant volume of "XXX" cc would not necessarily make each woman who starts off at one cup size a specific new cup size.  Think about the same implant being inserted in a woman who is 5'11" with large breasts, versus a woman who is 4'10" with A cups.  The difference would be minimal in the first situation, but very significant in the latter. 

In reality, bra cup size is determined by measurements taken around the base of your breasts and the maximum projection of your breasts.  For instance, if you are 34" around the base of the breasts, and 36" around your breasts, then you would be a "B" cup.

Addition of any volume to the breasts will change the projection somewhat and increase the cup size, but the final letter depends on many things such as breast width, height, projection and the amount of empty skin or density of the breasts.

I emphasize less the final bra cup size (i.e. the letter - "B, C or C") but rather the final cosmetic result.  Remember, you can be three different dress sizes, depending on the manufacturer.  The same goes for bra sizes.

The best method of breast implant sizing takes into account your preoperative breast size, shape, density, and your cosmetic goals for surgery.  Please visit my website for additional information.  In my practice, I usually recommend subglandular implants for the most natural result. 

Karen M. Horton, MD, MSc, FACS, FRCSC

Implant size when undergoing breast augmentation

+1

As you probably know there is no standardizes bra size that fits all. Different bra companies produce different bras with the same bra cup size. That makes it difficult to give an exact size implant that will give a certain cup size. Sizers in the pre-operative appointments, pictures from a magazine and per and post op pictures help the surgeon and the patient desicide on the proper size implants to achieve that look.During the consultation an exam and proper measurements that help evaluate the breast shape and tissue characteristics are taken. Proper planing and use of sizers during surgery with the chosen pictures help achieve the desired look. That said nothing can replace the experience and judgment of a artistic surgeon and proper selection of the right doctor by the patient is very important. Request to see per and post operative pictures from the surgeon and look to speak to previously patients or follow the doctors reviews.

Regarding  the placement of the implant, I like to place the implant  under the muscle in the superior portion of the implant and under the breast tissue on the bottom. This technique is termed a dual plane.

In summery an exact implant size prior to the surgery is not a practical practice and may take away from a nice result. An estimation of the size of the implant to give a certain cup size  should be an educated estimation. Placement of dual plan gives the best results in my hands.

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breastimplants.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Predicting Cup Size before Breast Augmentation

+1

Patients always think in terms of cup size - it's quite natural. However surgeons don't like to promise cup sizes to patients. All my patients try on sizing implants. I also measure their breasts to determine how large an implant they could realistically have placed and still look natural. Usually the patient will like the look of a particular sized implant, and if that is a reasonable size in my opinion then they will almost always be happy with size regardless of what the cup size is postoperatively.  I am not a big fan of the subglandular approach if the submuscular approach is an option, for a number of reasons. Still, you should likely have a nice result regardless of the pocket, provided your implant size is reasonable. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Web reference: http://www.westonsurgery.com

Choosing the right implant

+1

Choosing the right implant is best performed in person during consultation. Evaluation of the anatomy and a discussion of your interests  will help best determine the right implant for you.

Best breast Implant Size for my Breast Augmentation

+1

Your question has many parts to it: First, without adequate examination and measurements, for example your base diameter of your breasts, and amount of breast tissue you have (Bra size is a estimate at best) it is impossible to tell from your picture from afar with clothes on the size difference you will be with a 350 cc implant.  Also realize there are three different profiles to choose from (different projections.  I prefer using your "want to be " photos, together with your existing photos and refer to them while I am doing surgery. I always have on hand a selection of different sized implants to choose from and use a sizer, temporary implants, to try out and see how close I can come to the photos you picked out before selecting the implant. We are now using     a three dimensional photographic system that will give you an idea of what you would look like before hand with different sizes, shapes, saline vs siicone, and  if subglandular submuscular position

Regarding your question about whether the implant should be above or below your muscle depends on the size of your existing breasts, the degree or absence of sagging (ptosis) and the look you are after. In general for non sagging breasts most of my patients prefer the look  and feel of submuscular implants plus there is less chance of rippling. 

Larry Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Pacific Center for Plastic Surgery

Breast implant size selection

+1

I generally prefer a dual plane augmentation technique. In terms of implant size selection, I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Best of luck.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com