LABIA PLASTY, *wedge method* still swollen, for days! What can I do for a faster healing process? (Photo)

W/enough researching I've finally got the courage to get this procedure done. 6days since the surgery; went under local anesthesia.. The swelling has not went down one bit and I'm starting to freak out..Infection? Over dosage of Anesthesia? Does it look normal/okay? I have to get back to work in a couple more days.Any suggestions on faster healing methods? Been icing, showers everyday, using a waterbottle while going to the bathroom, why is the swelling not going down? Please help!

Swelling after wedge reduction

+1
I reviewed your photo. As the invented of the central wedge reduction almost twenty years ago, it looks like the labia are swollen but fine.  Don't worry as your swelling will decrease over time but it will take about 6 weeks for 80% of the swelling to go away. Just follow-up with your doctor to make sure that you are not infected but I doubt it.  It looks like your doctor did fine.

Swelling

+1
Hello, thank you for your question. This is a very vascular area, and swelling sometimes takes a little longer to subside. Talk to your Plastic surgeon, maybe he / she can help you by prescribing something else for inflammation 

Jose A. Leon, MD