My Vagina Doesn't Look Normal is There Loose Skin? (photo)

My lady area seems to look not normal as I'm scarred to have sex as I get uncomfortable on what they may say this may just be me? I would like to no if it is an normal looking vagina and If I have loose skin please be honest as I would like to know what is normal and if I'm just hiding away for no reason thank you for your help also my flaps look very not normal please take a look

Laser labiaplasty can remove loose labial skin and improve the appearance of the labia.

+3

Thank you very much for your question and photographs.  The loose protruding skin that you see on your labia is quite common and does cause irritation when you wear tight fitting clothes and many women are embarrassed about large or labia.

Labiaplasty is in excellent and very helpful procedure that can remove the loose skin and make the labia looked much smaller and more normal.

Because the labia are so delicate I use a laser to remove the excess tissue and this avoids using a scalpel and traumatizing this very delicate tissue.

Please go to my photographs on Realself.com and you will be able to see 3 patient's before and after pictures of patients who had laser labioplasty.

Does my vagina look normal?

+2
Your external genitalia appear absolutely normal, based on the photos that you submitted. There is such a large variation in external female genitalia and you fall within the normal range.  Despite this, some women are bothered, either physically or just don't like the appearance and feel uncomfortable with redundant labia minora (inner lips). Looking at the photos,  a labiaplasty would decrease the size of your labia minora and may make you feel more comfortable if it still bothers you.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Normal Labia

+1
The photos above show normal appearing labia, as there is a wide range of "normal".
Labiaplasty is a procedure that reduces the size of the inner labia (labia minora). This procedure is indicated if the patient experiences physical discomfort during exercise or intercourse, if hygiene is difficult due to tissue redundancy, or solely at the patients request if they feel uncomfortable or self-conscious about the appearance of their genitalia.
The procedure of choice for hypertrophy of the labia minora is labiaplasty. This procedure entails removing a small wedge of tissue from the central aspect of the labia under deep sedation and nerve block. In some cases additional tissue may need to be removed from the clitoral hood region to further improve the contour of the labia. I prefer the modified central wedge technique because it avoids scarring at the vaginal opening (introitus) and preserves the natural mucosal contour. 
If you have any of the above complaints or simply want to feel more comfortable with the appearance of your labia, seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Enlarged Labia

+1
There are huge variations in what is considered "normal". Your genital area looks normal however, it does seem you have enlarged labia. This can cause embarrassment and discomfort when wearing particular types of clothes. Labiaplasty can definitely help to reduce their size.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Excess labial skin

+1
The photos depict excess labial skin. THis is a very common problem, one for which manywomen are unfortunately too shy to approach their doctor to discuss. The issues usually are:

1. Concerns about appearance
2. Irritation in clothing
3. Pain during intercourse

A labiaplasty can take care of the excess skin and is  a simple to perform surgery with a low complication rate and a high patient satisfaction rate.

Mark D. Epstein, MD
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

What are normal genitalia?

+1

Its really difficult to answer since most people have normal genitalia as it can come in all forms and sizes.  With your photos, you do have perhaps more then average labia that could be trimmed and appear less bulky.  Find a local plastic surgeon with experience in labiaplasty and see what can be done for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Labiaplasty

+1

Based on these photos, it does appear that you have some excess of your labia minora, which is the inner fold or "lip" that surrounds the opening to the vagina. A labiaplasty is the procedure that would be used to correct this problem. There are different techniques so be sure to do your research and be careful about techniques that could, if overdone, result in "amputation" of the entire labia minora.

Joseph Fata, MD

My Vagina Doesn't Look Normal is There Loose Skin?

+1

If you feel that the area has too much tissue, then this area can certainly be reduced.  The labia minora reduction will produce a major change in your contour and will do the most to get you to your goals.   Find a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in these procedures.                                                                                                         Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Loss of volume in labia.

+1

Many women have loss of volume in the labia majora and labia minora.  The majora are the outer skin and minor, the thinner skin medially.  There are many reasons these changes develop including loss of weight, after giving birth, hormonal fluctuations, possibly excessive exercise or straining or it may be congenital.  Sometimes this excess skin causes irritation to the area, problems urinating, embarrassment, discomfort with intercourse or problems with underwear or gym clothing.  The procedure to decrease the size of the labiaminora is called a labiaplasty.  I would recommend a fat transfer to the labia majora to give more volume.  Both of these procedures may be done while you are awake with local anesthesia.  Patients are very happy with the results.  Thank you.

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Loose vaginal skin

+1

Although there is a wide variety of appearances to the female external genitalia, many women with your anatomy feel the same and seek labiaplasty surgery.  Labiaplasty reduces overgrown, extra long, and/or redundant labia minora (or labia majora occasionally) tissue.  It is a relatively straight forward and safe surgery with a quick recovery and very high satisfaction rate.  For the best result, I recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in this procedure.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD