Upper Bleph Without Fat Removal? (photo)

Hi, I am 62 and have droopy eyelids that really bother me. I want to get them done but don't want a big change and I don't want a round or sunken look. Is it possible to have the skin trimmed without the fat removal? Thank You

Upper bleph without fat removal

+1

It is certainly possible to undergo upper blepharoplasty for just skin removal.  Fat does not have to be removed from the upper eyelids.  The skin only upper blepharoplasty procedure can be performed under either a local or general anesthesia depending upon the patient’s needs, wishes, and desires.  If there is a large amount of visual field loss, medically related blepharoplasty can be considered and sent to the patient’s insurance for coverage.

Keep your natural look

+1

Keeping the fat in your lids can give a more natural look in some patients. If you like the fullnees of you upper lids and many do, then just have the skin and muscle reshaped for a more youthfull appearence.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

No fat removal

+1

Many surgeons avoid fat removal at your age. It can make your eyes look too hollow. 

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Bleph Without Fat Removal?

+1

Absolutely! Seek in person evaluations with only boarded surgeons in your city. fee range from $1800 to $2500. Good luck. 

Upper Blepharoplasty Options

+1

Yes, it is quite possible to have an upper blepharoplasty without fat removal. In fact, I rarely remove any fat from the upper lids unless there is a significant excess amount medially. This prevents the sunken, skeletonized look of many older techniques. Unfortunately, you need more than an upper blepharoplasty. Your lateral brow has fallen and the majority of your problem is your brow that is pushing down into the eyelid area. Only an examination will determine what you need. Occasionally all you will need is a brow lift of some kind. At other times, you will need both a brow lift and some skin and, maybe, some fat medially removed to correct the problem. When done by someone skilled with this type surgery you will have a very natural result. See someone experienced with periorbital rejuvenation and discuss your desires after a complete examination. Whatever is done will also correct a lot of the lines around your eyes. However, since yours are more than average for someone your age, you may also wish to start a good skin care system to try and reverse the solar skin damage in addition to the other changes that are the result of gravity.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Upper blepharoplasty is possible without fat removal

+1

Hello:

It is possible to perform an upper blepharoplasty without fat removal.  In fact, i do that on many patients depending on their individual anatomic needs.  If you have no excess fat herniation, then it is not necessary to remove it.

regards

Dr Tachmes

Miami Beach Plastic Surgery Center and Medspa

Lincoln Road at Meridian Ave

Leonard Tachmes, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Upper Bleph Without Fat Removal?

+1

Yes an upper Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) can be done removing excess upper eyelid skin alone while preserving the muscle and fat.  It should be noted that your eyebriows are very low and if the complete amount of upper eyelid skin were to be removed, these would drop further (lower) as the incisions were closed....so a conservative amount of skin should be removed in this scenario in order to avoid brow drop IMHO.  Hope this helps.

Blepharoplasty

+1

Yes, blepharoplasty can be performed without fat removal.  From your photos, I would also recommend a brow lift to correct the downward tilt of your brows.  These procedures can be done safely in the office setting without the need for general anesthesia. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Upper Blepharoplasty Without Fat Removal

+1

The vast majority of upper eyelid/blepharoplasty procedures are done without the removal of fat. And at your age of 62 years old, fat removal should not be needed anyway. Just make you and your surgeon are on the same page about what will be done with your blepharoplasty.  

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD